Agilus is recruiting for a Controls Specialist - Automotive
in the Automation Solutions industry
The Intermediate Controls Specialist will excel in in a multi-faceted role supporting our clients in the Automation Solutions space. Develop and communicate solutions to client automation problems, oversee project execution at a high level providing conceptual and technical expertise all while developing and maintaining client relationships.
A typical day:
Successful candidates will have:
- Work on various stages of automation and control projects including electrical design, PLC programming, HMI design, SCADA systems, and troubleshooting, testing & debugging.
- Utilizing your Project management skills by developing project schedules and budgets in collaboration with clients and internal project management resources. Ensuring completion of all project deliverables to the satisfaction of the client.
- Attend client field service and emergency calls and partake in customer meetings sharing your technical expertise.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering.
Automotive industry experience is required.
- Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineer or Technologist with a minimum of 2+ years of experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC-5, SLC500, ControlLogix), HMI Programming, AutoCAD/Electrical Design, Debug, Testing & Commissioning
- Robotics programming, setup, and teaching is an asset
- Knowledge, experience with General Motors Global Common Controls Software Standard GCCS-2 is an asset.
Familiarity with General Motors Global Common Controls Hardware Standard GCCH-1 is an asset
- Knowledgeable regarding industry or manufacturing processes (agricultural processing, automotive, food and beverage and pharmaceutical environments is beneficial)
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license & ability to travel; Controls Specialists should have the ability to travel within the US and Canada when required.
- Must have solid communication skills - verbal & written
- Hourly pay + Overtime + Benefits
- Remote work (work from home)
Please apply directly online by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive; we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly or subscribe to our email alerts at agilus.ca/Account/Register
as new exciting employment opportunities become available daily.
We value a diverse workplace.
Agilus Work Solutions is committed to employ people from diverse backgrounds and we actively demonstrate inclusiveness through fair, equitable and accessible hiring practices. We recognize the strength that comes from different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives and welcome candidates who identify as visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons within the LGBTQ+ community. We feel it is important as an organization that all people have access and opportunity to be employed, to be valued and to be respected.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternative format available on Request