Our client, Steelway Building Systems, based in Aylmer, Ontario delivers custom engineering steel buildings. Steelway believes in continuously developing and investing in their people, customers, and community to effectively deliver on their high-quality solutions.
Steelway continues to be a family-owned and operated manufacturer of customized steel building systems. Through continuous innovation and the utilization of advanced software and technology, Steelway leverages more than 40 years of experience crafting aesthetically beautiful, functional, and durable steel structures.
Working in partnership with Prime Management Group Inc., Steelway is now seeking a forward-thinking, motivated, highly organized Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join their team in Aylmer, Ontario!
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Environmental Health & Safety Manager provides strategic direction to support business strategy, including disability management, training, EHS policy development and implementation. This role is accountable for the development of an employee focused safety culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance; ensuring occupational and non-occupational compliance with regulatory concerns regarding employees; building relationships of trust and mutual respect with organizational leaders to effectively deliver on the organization’s needs; and when representing the organization externally, displays the values of the organization in a professional manner.
- Influence behaviour to create a corporate safety culture of excellence
- Develop and update Environmental, Health and Safety Policies and Procedures at a corporate level
- Develop and implement programs to reduce injuries and illnesses
- Assist in accident/incident/illness investigations
- Disability Management and Accommodation (WSIB and non-Occupational including mental health)
- Conduct Job Hazard Assessments and assist in developing appropriate controls for all equipment and processes
- Ensure that the company is complying with all applicable legislation and following relevant standards and guidelines
- Chair the Wellness Committee and plan and manage wellness initiatives
- Chair the Psychological Health & Safety Committee
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses or an Allied Health Professional with current COHN© designation and at least 5 years of experience in Environmental Occupational Health and Safety
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Human Rights Legislation, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Excellent working knowledge of applicable Acts, Regulations and Standards as they relate to the company (Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Human Rights Legislation, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
To apply to this exciting opportunity, Prime Management Group Inc. will be accepting all applications from interested persons on behalf of Steelway Building Systems. Please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.