ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes External Projects group is looking for a Senior Producer to support our externally developed titles. The perfect candidate will be balanced between action and planning, able to pivot between controller and spreadsheet seamlessly. They should be a diplomat working to unblock developers and ensure our projects reach their full potential. They will be a key member of a production team working directly with multiple teams including our external game development studios, internal Digital Extremes support teams and external vendor partners, so such cross-functional experience is a plus. They must have experience working within a development team, in a production role, and be able to draw from that experience when communicating with external development partners. They should be able to anticipate problems and feel empowered to solve issues independently, but also be confident enough to highlight problems that need escalation. They’ll need to work collaboratively with others. They are a force multiplier.
- As a member of the External Projects Production team you’ll be responsible for helping ensure our projects are hitting their dates at a high quality bar, but most importantly that they are fun and appealing to players.
- You will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure smooth development & operations of our games, during development and post-release, communicating any problems as they arise.
- You will have a direct impact on our titles being a player advocate at all times.
- Work closely with developers and supporting teams to coordinate production schedules and delivery for our titles.
- Ultimate goal for this role is to support at least one project, with focus on consistent improvement on all aspects of the project while continuing to balance the needs and requirements of each team.
- 5+ years working as a Game Producer/Project Manager, Development Director or Program Manager working on game development projects.
- Experience shipping at least one title on a game development team in a Production capacity, preferably one AAA game.
- Familiarity with all aspects of game development and supporting functions.
- Must be familiar with Slack and Google Suite.
- Expertise using production tools and multimedia software applications (Jira, Trello, Confluence, MS Project, etc.).
- Must be a gamer and be able to discuss what they enjoy/do not enjoy in games and equate this to their projects!
- Strong analytical, problem resolution, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working directly on PC, Console and mobile Free To Play, Games As A Service development.
- Familiarity with Live Product support and Release Management principles.
- Experience working in and/or with Quality Assurance, Localization, Data Science, First Party submissions.
- Comfortable engaging with diverse teams and disciplines.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. Newer projects include the recently launched cross-platform MMORPG Wayfinder® (developed by Airship Syndicate & published by Digital Extremes), as well as the highly anticipated Soulframe®, an in-development open-world action-fantasy title.
Digital Extremes is headquartered in London, Ontario, Canada, and is proud to be selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, achieving this recognition for the last nine years in a row.
For more information and exciting news related to Digital Extremes, please visit www.digitalextremes.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://grnh.se/1772dc5e7us