Position: Director of Development
Location: London, Ontario
Salary: Commensurate with experience and based on the L’Arche Compensation Policy.
Duration: 20 hours weekly – 2-Year Initial Contract
Responsible to: Executive Director
L’Arche London provides a vibrant community life, daily living, and day and evening support and services to adults with intellectual disabilities. L’Arche London is founded on the values of inclusion and is one of over 149 communities worldwide where people with and without intellectual disabilities live and share life together.
L’Arche London seeks a highly organized and motivated person to join our dynamic team in the capacity of Director of Development. The Director of Development will work in cooperation with the Community Leader/Executive Director, the Board, and Community Committees to meet the fundraising and development needs and objectives of L’Arche London.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Outreach: Identifies, researches, cultivates relationships with greater Community.
- Solicits funds and builds stewardship among current and new donors and sponsors: Donor retention, donor acquisition, and nurturing regular donor participation.
- Coordination of Annual Direct Mail Appeals and Newsletter (2 mailings each year). Development of Critical Path to achieve this.
- Grant writing to support the infrastructure and programs of L’Arche London.
- Monitors and reports on fundraising and/or performance goals through monthly and annual reporting. Responsible for the overall management of donor database.
- Engagement in Community event(s) which foster effective fundraising – engagement of sponsorship planning in conjunction with community members. (Annual Banquet – February)
- To assess the strengths of initiatives and identify areas for improvement on an annual basis.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality and existing L’Arche London Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to the attention of our Hiring Committee c/o Marietta Drost, Executive Director, Marietta@larchelondon.org by October 10, 2022
We thank you for your interest in this position; however, only those contacted for an interview will be notified.
- Post-Secondary Education – Marketing and Communications Background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to share the stories of our community and to thank our Donors
- Strategic thinker, strong organizational skills, team player
- Experience in the non-profit sector preferred.
- Resource development experience and references
- Budget development experience
- Computer Literacy – familiar with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Some Flexibility in work hours
- Must be able to provide own means of transportation
- Proof of Vaccination – Covid 19 (Ministry of Community and Social Services Policy for hiring)