Noblewood Transport Ltd is a provincially recognized leader in providing quality Milk Transportation services for Dairy Farmers of Ontario and as a member of the Ontario Milk Transport Association.
As a member of The Noblewood and Kingslea family, you will be considered an integral part of the Company and are our most important resource.
Our shop is open from approximately 7:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday; Weekends on call/rotation with two other shop personnel.
We require the ability to respond to emergencies on a 24 hour a day basis, rotational on-call, carrying pager/cell; call in/overtime as operations require.
The Licensed 310T Technician is integral to our services and supported by a strong management team and a positive work environment that our staff are proud of. This position reports to the Fleet/Maintenance Supervisor and is responsible for helping with all fleet maintenance operations including; maintenance, safety, environmental and company policies and procedures. This position maintains and repairs engines, transmissions and differentials and related emission components. There are 40 pieces of equipment to work on and 6 different models of equipment.
- Ensure maintenance and preventative maintenance goals are met to maximize fleet up time.
- Follow scheduled fleet maintenance to ensure safe and reliable trucks are available to meet operational requirements.
- Troubleshoot and solve mechanical problems.
- Maintain yard and shop in accordance with company image and safety standards.
- Maintain a safe work environment by communicating and complying with safe work practices and policies.
- Perform and write annual safeties on equipment.
- Source parts and supplies
- Compile work orders and monitor repairs (analyze, troubleshoot and find root cause)
- Find efficiencies in maintenance practices. Striving for continuous improvement.
- Relief driving as needed.
- Assist in managing and developing apprentice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Secondary School Diploma
- Required that you must possess and maintain a 310T Truck and Coach Technician License
- 310S Automotive Service Technician License would be an asset.
- AZ license preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of related progressive experience as a licensed heavy-duty truck or equipment mechanic
- Workload is 50% power units, 50% trailers.
- Working knowledge of trailer air suspension, lift axles and self steer lift axles.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS and safe work practices in a mechanical shop environment.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Ability to work independently or as an effective member of the shop team.
- Effective oral communication and strong interpersonal skills to deal with members of the team, customers and the public
- Ability to demonstrate initiative consistently with commitment to quality improvement, sharing process improvement initiatives with management.
- Ability to guide and share knowledge with apprentice.
- Demonstrated time-management skills with the ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines.
- Possess and maintain a valid Ontario Class "A" Driver's License with "Z" endorsement and clean driving record.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, the internet, and any other related software.
- Must live within 30-45 minutes drive from the shop.
- **We are not accepting International or Relocation applications.**
- Upon a conditional offer of employment, work references, an up-to-date Criminal Record Check, CVOR and Driver's Abstract will be required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Company supplied uniform
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- On call pay
- 310T License (required)
- AZ License (preferred)
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
**We thank all applicants for your interest. Only applicants meeting all requirements may be contacted for an interview.**