ELECTRIFIED HARDWARE AND SECURITY INSTALLER
jpw systems ltd. is seeking a budding or experienced full-time Electrified Hardware and Security Installer . We are looking for individuals who are eager to be a part of our growing team and provide quality work with exceptional service for our customers. Our work is complex and requires solutions which are developed as a team.
Why jpw systems ltd.? On top of being leading integrators for the door and hardware industry, we also offer full time employment, competitive salary (commensurate with experience), wellness benefit, clothing and boot allowance, profit sharing, group RSP matching, flexible hours, a company vehicle, phone allowance, power tools, and company credit card.
Job Knowledge and Soft Skills
- Install various components of access control systems, hardware openings, system cabling, and low voltage devices
- Perform daily circle checks on company vehicles, notify management of deficiencies or safety concerns, and maintain a clean and organized work vehicle
- Manage and maintain necessary inventory, supplies, and tools for assigned jobs
- Daily job site clean up and removal of installation debris
- Test, troubleshoot, and make adjustments to equipment failures while also observing project timelines
- Verify work is complete and accurate before leaving work sites
- Work collaboratively with customers and service dispatchers to resolve issues
- Communicate job status to appropriate party(s) regularly
- Complete administrative tasks and documentation in an accurate and legible manner
- Work safely and responsibly at all times
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics, and operation/product manuals (training provided)
- Carry out responsibilities in a professional manner while positively representing jpw systems ltd. within the community
- Commitment to continuous learning and professional development to maintain up-to-date knowledge and information relevant to scope of work
- Adhere to process protocol and apply established protocols in a timely manner
- Work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects in an agile work environment
- Take initiative, prioritize job responsibilities, and work efficiently with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Communicate and exchange information in a respectful and cooperative manner
About jpw systems ltd.
jpw systems has been in business since 2000 and is a recognized leader in the integration of architectural hardware and access control for hospitals, manufacturing, education facilities and other industries. The firm is comprised of highly experienced staff with years of experience in consulting and business development. jpw systems ltd. is a dynamic organization that is particularly well suited for individuals looking for an entrepreneurial culture where they will have the opportunity to work closely with senior members of the firm and provide valuable input. We welcome applicants from a wide geographic region due to an expansive client base (this does not include the GTA but may include Northern and South Western Ontario). Check out our website to learn more www.jpwsystems.ca.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to reviewing your resume sent by email to Sandra Feenstra at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Move, install, and manage heavy weighted materials (up to 50 lbs; manipulating items greater than 50 lbs with assistance)
- Work on ladders/above head work; ascend ladders to work at heights (minimum of 12 feet)
- Extensive stationary work, driving, and walking
- Frequent reaching, carrying, and grasping objects; repetitive motions
- Occasional transferring, maneuvering, placing, lowering oneself; exposure to weather
- Operate test equipment, machinery/AV equipment, hand and power tools
- Operate company vehicles; proof of valid G2 or higher-class Ontario Driver’s Licence with clean driver’s abstract
- Utilize a cellular phone to make or receive phone calls/text messages, send/receive emails, record job details, review schedules/technical drawings, update project notes and record field data, etc.
*Please include salary expectations in your application.