This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Nov 22, 2021
The location of this management position is to be determined and could be at any of our three LTC homes in Elgin County.
Summary of Position:
In support of the vision, mission and values of the County of Elgin Homes and Seniors Services, the Manager of Resident Care directs, coordinates and is accountable for all aspects of a County of Elgin Long Term Care Home nursing department. As a member of the Homes management team, the Manager of Resident Care is responsible for the planning, direction, coordination and evaluation of the activities related to the delivery of quality resident care and services through an interdisciplinary approach.
1. Registered Nurse with a current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.2. BScN degree or Nursing and
- Fiscal and Overall Departmental Management - Responsible for the efficient and effective operations of all aspects of the nursing department care and services.
- Quality Improvement - the County of Elgin Homes are in year 3 of the RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization (BPSO) Program. Responsible for ensuring ongoing compliance of the nursing department to required County policies and procedures, collective agreements and provincial legislation, including but not limited to, the following: Long Term Care Homes Act, Ontario Regulation 79/10, RNAO Best Practice Guidelines and BPSO Program, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Labour Relations Act, Ontario Human Rights Act, Employment Services Act.
- Leads, coaches, and mentors the implementation and review of relevant County policies, procedures and processes required to ensure the Home meets and/or exceeds government legislation and industry standards.
- Determines and directs the nursing scope of practice and delegates clinical and supervisory responsibilities to registered nursing staff.
- Monitors and evaluates the quality and effectiveness of Homes’ programs (e.g. falls, restraints, pharmacological, skin and wound, continence, pain management), nursing care and services and accuracy of documentation. Acts to improve programs and services as required.
- Human Resources - Assumes and provides Supervisory leadership for the nursing care and services department in: recruiting, hiring, and training of staff; scheduling; creating a positive workplace culture; ensuring open communications with all staff; monitoring the proper administration of Homes’ and County policies and procedures and collective agreements; budget preparation and administration.
2. Health Care Leadership/Management Certificate will be considered an asset.
3. Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Registered Nurse, experience in geriatrics, rehabilitation or long-term care is preferred.
4. Demonstrated teaching experience in dealing with both professional and non-professional levels of nursing staff, preferably in geriatric, rehabilitation or long-term care nursing setting.
5. Experience in a leadership role of a varied health care team in a unionized environment preferred.
6. Advanced understanding of the Long-Term Care Act, MDS-RAI, Ministry of Long-Term Care inspection and reporting requirements, and provincial legislation.
7. Competency in the use of computer programs including Point Click Care, Word, Excel and Outlook.
8. Excellent interpersonal communication, supervisory and organizational skills.
Application Deadline: Friday, December 3, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
To be considered for this opportunity, complete the online application https://www.elgincounty.ca/careers/