This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
|Nov 22, 2023
The Thames Valley District School Board (TVDSB) is the fourth largest school board in Ontario and a major employer in one of Canada’s fastest growing regions. Our inclusive and diverse board serves 83,000 students and employs nearly 12,000 staff across the City of London, Elgin, Middlesex and Oxford Counties, Chippewas of the Thames First Nation, Munsee-Delaware Nation and Oneida Nation of the Thames. We offer competitive benefits including a pension program and comprehensive mental health and well-being support. Best of all, every role at TVDSB directly supports the success of children and families in YOUR community. Join TVDSB to build each student's tomorrow, every day!
November 22, 2023
Payroll Control Assistant (Full Time)
Location: Education Centre, London (Hybrid Model)
Hours of Work: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Subject to Article 15.01(b))
Rate of Pay: $26.51 – $31.94 per hour (applicants will be hired at the base rate of $26.51 and will receive increments after one and two years of actively being in the role).
Other Provisions and Compensation: Employees are entitled to generous paid leave provisions including sick leave, care days and inclement weather days, religious holidays, vacation days, compassionate leave, etc. Employees are also provided with competitive benefits and pension plan.
Job Summary: The Payroll Control Assistant is responsible for the calculation, processing, and generation of bi-weekly payroll amounts for all employee groups, both unionized and non-union. In addition, the position is responsible for responding to inquiries from employees and outside agencies, maintaining accurate records, and producing related reports.
Qualifications: Candidates must possess an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent and Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification. One (1) year of related work experience and the ability to use Word and Excel are also required. Selected candidates must successfully complete a practical skills assessment.
Duties and Responsibilities
EXPIRY DATE: 2023 December 06
Please note that it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resource Services on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Process payrolls from initial stage to completion for unionized and non-unionized employee groups.
- Review and verify authorization documents related to payroll changes and deductions.
- Calculate deductions and reconcile payroll accounts.
- Work with the payroll team to ensure compliance with all relevant Board procedures and policies, legislation and timelines.
- Audit payrolls generated by colleagues to ensure accuracy.
- Respond to inquiries from employees regarding compensation and deductions.
- Prepare Record of Employment Forms.
- Assist auditors and finance personnel as required.
- Investigate payroll anomalies and inaccuracies and make adjustments or refer to supervisory staff.
- Administer payroll functions related to pensions, sick leave and WSIB.
- Prepare correspondence regarding advances, adjustments, retroactive payments, family support deductions or garnishees.
- Liaise with human resources staff.
- Maintain files and records.
- Provide back-up support for absent payroll staff.