||Jul 20, 2020
Mechanical Engineers with experience managing medium-to-large scale industrial and manufacturing facilities projects: here’s an opportunity to fast track your career growth as a key part of a creative, collaborative team.
Our client in Windsor, Ontario, is seeking a Project Manager to support a diverse portfolio of current and existing projects based throughout Southwestern Ontario and Michigan.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for…
• Providing leadership for assigned projects in regards to cost, schedule, quality, safety, and contract performance
• Establishing project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards as per company policy and contract specifications
• Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with all stakeholders including team members, clients, consultants, joint venture partners, trades, subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, and the community, while keeping them informed of relevant information
• Planning, preparing, monitoring, and managing construction schedule and milestones
• Ensuring work is performed in compliance with applicable standards – ie. HSE regulations, company policies and procedures, and contract requirements
• Monitoring and reporting on progress, labour productivity, work outcomes, budget, cost, and forecast
• Preparing and submitting project estimates and price/negotiate all changes in scope as required
• Preparing contracts and negotiating revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers, subcontractors, and consultants
• Reviewing work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies
• Ensuring material and equipment are available to tradespersons
• Ensuring monthly cost forecasting and checklists are completed accurately and on time
In order to be considered for this position, you must possess the following…
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
• P.Eng with Professional Engineers Ontario (a P.E in Michigan would be considered a significant asset)
• Proficiency with/exposure to;
• 5+ years’ experience managing projects in a manufacturing or heavy industrial environment (i.e. capital projects, major maintenance);
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant codes, safety and environmental legislation and regulations
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Software including Project
• Experience creating Bid documents, focusing on scope creation
• Eligibility to apply for a TN Visa/ability and willingness to travel internationally.
Want to learn more? Apply online, or email your resume in confidence to: email@example.com.
Application Contact Information