ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Senior Game Designer will create pitch, design and prototype core game systems. They will be responsible for the core user experience of the game including user interface, main character locomotion and combat, enemy locomotion and AI, mini-games and all co-op related gameplay. The Senior Game Designer will possess exceptional communication skills in written, visual and verbal forms. Strong ability to take constructive criticism while selling your ideas is critical. Giving direction will be as important as taking it and you must be able to drive implementation of your ideas. We need a team player who values the best ideas regardless of where they come from to create a clear picture of how they fit in the larger vision of the game. An ideal candidate will also be able to provide examples of your design work and communication skills.
- Pitch, design and prototype core game systems.
- Create and maintain design documentation, including feature specification and implementation guidelines.
- Implement, balance and bug fix gameplay features, overseeing them from concept to final implementation.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure the implementation of systems into actual gameplay maintaining the overall balance between multiple gameplay systems.
- Support and mentor other designers who are less experienced and require more direction.
- 5+ years experience as a Game Designer in the videogame industry.
- Minimum one shipped console title.
- In-depth knowledge in how to deliver fun and compelling player experiences.
- Comfortable with both conceptual and practical aspect of game design.
- Deep knowledge of gameplay mechanics and player motivation.
- Open to constructive criticism and know how to listen and give feedbacks to others.
- Excellent understanding of player data analysis.
- Comfortable with a development schedule that is playtest-driven and focused on fast iterations and polish.
- Strong motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates for this position are required to provide a personal portfolio.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of "Canada's Top 100 Employers". We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of "Giving Back" through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children's holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/346