Our client is currently recruiting for an Associate to join a leading law firm in their Labour and Employment Practice Group. The successful candidate will be exposed to a broad range of work, including grievance arbitrations, human rights proceedings, Labour Board matters, and wrongful dismissal claims. The position offers excellent opportunities for leadership. This is a full-time, permanent position that offers a comprehensive benefit plan, and RRSP matching.
- Provide service to unionized and non-unionized clients in all areas of labour and employment law, including human rights, privacy, employment litigation, labour arbitration, legislative compliance, and related litigation, as well as organizational and transactional advice
- Advising clients on day-to-day employment, labour, and human rights matters
- Representing clients in related arbitration and litigation matters
- Spearheading internal and client education (including seminars, workshops, etc).
- Supporting senior partners and other client service matters as required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 1-3 years of experience in Labour and Employment Law
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and client service excellence and capacity to handle a high volume of work and clients
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, communication, and drafting skills