This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Apr 12, 2021
SPECIALIST, PAYROLL SERVICES (2 positions)
JOB TITLE: Specialist, Payroll Services
SALARY RANGE: $62,546 - $82,715
HIRING RANGE: $62,546 - $79,830
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2021 May 12
The Specialist, Payroll Services has a team lead role in payroll initiatives related to payroll processing and pension plans. The Specialist, Payroll Services is responsible for supervising the Payroll Helpline and the Assistant, Payroll Services to ensure superior customer service to employees of Thames Valley District School Board. The Specialist, Payroll Services is the first point of contact for the Payroll Control Assistants to direct on the correct process or procedure to accurately process pays and ensure correct reporting to two unique defined benefit pension plans. The Specialist, Payroll Services is also responsible for performing audit functions of the pays, pensions and special payments that occur. The Specialist, Payroll Services assumes responsibility for ensuring aspects of the payroll process and pension processes, including unique scenarios for each employee group are documented for training, reference, and are kept up to date as required for process changes and as changes occur to collective agreements, pension plans and systems.
- Provide guidance and support to Payroll Control Assistants (PCAs) as a first point of contact with queries including payroll redistributions, and in identifying areas to prevent issues, resolving problems and recommend solutions.
- Supervise Payroll Helpline and Assistant, Payroll Services
- Audit payroll processing, recommend efficiency improvements and initiate revisions to existing procedures and processes.
- Assist and investigate issues within TIM (TPP employer platform) work centre and e-access (OMERS employer platform) for urgent requests and on-going issues.
- Audit OMERS pension processing for various required reporting within the PCA role (i.e.
- Termination/retirement and leave reporting forms).
- Plan and coordinate staff activities to successfully adhere to OTPP, and OMERS annual deadlines and reconciliation ensuring accurately reported service and earnings.
- Develop and maintain a Payroll Services process manual including pay processing, TPP, OMERS, Helpdesk, benefits, etc.
- Laser Fiche lead and develop process manual development.
- Manage pay direct benefits billing system, debit pay system.
Designation as a Certified Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) through The Canadian Payroll
Association is required. Three (3) years of related work experience is required with preference given to individuals who have payroll experience in a large, complex, multi-union environment.
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, please contact the Staffing Specialist listed below for assistance.
E. Usanovic, Acting Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Intermediate knowledge of basic and complex payroll calculations and a thorough understanding of payroll and clauses in applicable collective agreements with TVDSB
- Proficient in computer systems such as SQL programming and management, report writing, K212 HRP, K212 Finance, Thames Valley Absence Reporting and Replacement Information System (TVARRIS), Outlook 365, MS Office Suite, etc.
- Knowledge of CRA Legislation and Pension Regulations
- Familiarity with Accounting principles and programs such as K212 Finance, K212 HRP, Portal, ISYS
- Possess a high degree of responsibility, accountability, analytical thinking, time management, and oversight
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team