TEMPORARY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, COMMUNICATIONS
(Temporary to June 30, 2023)
JOB TITLE: Temporary Administrative Assistant, Communications
SALARY RANGE: $27.90 - $36.89 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
HIRING RANGE: $27.90 - $35.61 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
LOCATION: Education Centre, London
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2022 December 05
The Temporary Administrative Assistant, Communications provides support to the Communications Manager. The incumbent investigates and communicates with diverse stakeholders on public affairs and communications inquiries in a highly confidential and frequently changing environment.
- Respond or redirect inquires and communicate direction on behalf of the Manager
- Maintain communications databases, directories, distribution lists and website content
- Prepare and maintain information regarding staff absences, vacation, overtime and evaluations for the Communications department
- Monitor Communications inbox and redirect as required
- Process invoices and purchasing orders with Purchasing department
- Provide administrative assistance including reconciled information for Budget accounts to the Communications Department, Graphic Services and Thames Valley Education Foundation
- Respond to inquiries, communicate direction on behalf of Manager and take action or redirect as necessary
- Coordinate with both internal and external stakeholders to arrange meetings, conference calls for the Communications department
- Organize and prepare for department and committee meetings, prepare and distribute agendas, communications and meeting minutes
- Prepare and maintain information regarding staff absences, vacation, overtime and evaluations
- Monitor department accounts and make necessary adjustments
- Process departmental purchasing card transactions
- Order and maintain office equipment/supplies and other items as requested
- Coordinate publication material for distribution
- Create purchase orders by utilizing the ePurchasing webstore system and ensure accurate contract information is available
- Assist and instruction with absence reporting and/or casual or summer student entries in the Thames Valley Absence Reporting and Replacement Information System (TVARRIS)
- Request operational plan documents for various internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient in computer systems such as Outlook 365, MS Office Suite, etc.
- Knowledge of ePurchasing website, BMO Spend Dynamics, Pragmatic TeleConferencing, Payroll V Menu (SQL), BAS2000/K212 Finance Software, Thames Valley Absence Reporting and Replacement Information System (TVARRIS)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of a one (1) year Office and/or Business Administration Certificate or equivalent
- Three (3) years of related work experience is required
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check at your own cost for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment in Canada, (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the “APPLY FOR THIS POSITION” link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
A.Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.