Our client, one of the top 20 integrator/industrial automation companies in the world, is seeking a collaborative, adaptable Controls Engineer from the Detroit area or Windsor, Ontario area to join their close-knit team in Troy, Michigan.
As Controls Engineer, you will be responsible for control systems, support, application development, and projects as well as creating system documentation. As a self-starter, you will use your project management skills to schedule project requirements and convert them into tasks. You will occasionally travel to install and set up control systems as well as produce control logic to operate manufacturing plants and provide existing plants with problem identification and implementing solutions. Additionally, your strong analytical and troubleshooting abilities will be required to commission PLC interfaces.
To qualify for this opportunity with a recognized, global company, you will have:
- A Diploma or Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Control Systems/Instrumentation
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in Factory Automation or Process Automation
- Experience with PLC Software Development, SCADA, and HMI developments
- Engineering development and commissioning support experience
- Experience using Siemens and/or Allen Bradley
- Interfacing 3rd party devices on Profibus, Profinet, Modbus, ASCII
- Strong knowledge on pneumatics, sensors, light curtains, and machine environment or Process environment
- Knowledge of drives, configuring parameters, and motion control
- A strong ability to read electrical drawings
- Experience using AutoCAD or ePLAN design – an asset
- A willingness to travel across the United States on start-up (50%)