This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 28, 2021
Job Description – Manager Digital Media and Communication
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Vice President, Public Affairs
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Manager Digital Media and Communication responsibilities include strategic communications, social media management, media relations, content creation and website management. This position works collaboratively with the Chamber Team to best meet the needs of new and existing members.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Manager Digital Media and Communication promotes awareness and a positive public image of the Chamber through digital marketing, area publications, and chamber events.
- In collaboration with the Executive team, develop and execute integrated communication strategies that support the chamber’s organizational goals.
- Develop, write, and produce public relations, marketing and advertising material to build the chamber’s profile with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Research and collect information and data for content and communications strategy.
- Proofread and coordinate production of all communications materials.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the value of branding and positioning.
- Act as staff liaison to Marketing and Communications (MC) Committee.
- Develop and execute social media activities across multiple channels.
- Maintain and report monthly social media analytics.
- Maintain Hootsuite account to schedule social media posting to ensure regular posting.
- Attend events and produce social media content.
- Support media relations including media list development and maintenance, drafting media materials and conducting outreach including advertising.
- Coordinate all media inquiries.
- Support President and/or Chair of the Board in communications.
- Coordinate and confirm media attendance at all Chamber events.
Website Development and Maintenance
- Assist and manage event rollouts, including email communications, flyers, social media promotions, and post-event coverage.
- Lead email campaigns for Chamber events.
- Manage the development, editorial process, and lifecycle for all Chamber Business London articles.
- Manage and pursue the digital evolution of many of our communications and publications.
- Manage and coordinate the member ad contracts for the e-newsletter.
The London Chamber of Commerce has a small staff and operates as a non-profit organization. The ideal candidate can multitask, wear multiple hats, and is a team player. Candidate will need to clearly articulate The London Chamber of Commerce vision, mission and purpose with authenticity, and work well in a dynamic environment (co-working space).
DESIRED SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Chamber website in collaboration with external vendors.
- Update website with all events ensuring partnership branding commitments are met.
- Update website content: news releases, blog posts, videos, etc.
HOW TO APPLY: Complete the online application form here (or using the link below)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: January 2022
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing or Communications.
- Excellent researching, communications, superior writing, reviewing and editing skills with the ability to compose internal and external communications.
- Knowledge of social media tools, Microsoft Office, and Google Apps.
- Experience with HTML, email marketing and content management systems (Eventbrite, MailChimp).
- Knowledge of ChamberMaster a plus but not required.
- Customer service skills – we are a membership association after all.
- The ability to think on your feet, problem solve, and maintain a positive attitude.
- The ability to be precise and attentive to details.
- The ability to meet deadlines, be organized and goal-oriented.