This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 09, 2021
ABILITIES AND WELLNESS SPECIALIST
JOB TITLE: Abilities and Wellness Specialist
SALARY RANGE: $68,325 - $90,357
HIRING RANGE: $68,325 - $87,206
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2021 September 20
The Abilities and Wellness Specialist minimizes the adverse effects of disability and absence to individuals and the organization. The incumbent provides disability, claims and case management for ill or injured employees, supports employees to remain at work during recovery, and designs, coordinates and implements return-to-work plans.
- Provide leadership, counsel, support, and resources to all workplace parties regarding medical absence and accommodation
- Interpret and assess an individual’s physical/cognitive function and develop an individualized case management plan
- Coordinate and facilitate return-to-work meetings to implement safe return-to-work plans utilizing best practice, and participate in ongoing evaluations/adjustments to ensure a successful outcome
- Utilize analytical thinking to identify and respond to emergent, confidential, complex, and highly sensitive issues regarding medical absence and ensure appropriate documentation
- Participate in WSIB appeals/Human Rights/ Labour Relations arbitrations, including file data analysis in collaboration with administration and legal counsel recognizing the medical legal parameters
- Provide comprehensive case management for ill or injured employees
- Review employment medicals and liaise with medical practitioners
- Determine if sufficient medical information has been provided to support absence
- Coordinate time sensitive Return to Work meetings on or off site
- Organize referrals to Rapid Impact program and medical examinations
- Maintain contact with employees appropriate to case management protocols and policy
- Administer the WSIB claims process
- Develop and evaluate rehabilitation programs for employees absent with illness or injury
- Administer the Return-to-Work processes according to policy and collective agreement
- Coordinate and evaluate Employee Assistance Programs and make recommendations
- Prepare statistical and cost analysis reports related to employee absences
- Provide information to employees about how to effectively manage disabilities
- Provide health and wellness and attendance management counselling
- Prepare and review correspondence
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
Conditions of Employment with Thames Valley District School Board, due to COVID-19 requirements:
- Working knowledge of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, and medical terminology
- Knowledge of community resources (treatment, investigation, supports, independent medical examinations)
- Practice standards for Ontario Registered Nurses Association and Ontario Occupational Health Nurses Association
- Familiarity and experience with Disability Management, Case Management and Claims Management
- Strong time management, negotiation/mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to interpret and apply applicable laws (WSIB/Charter of Human Rights/Labour, Duty to Accommodate)
- Knowledge of Parklane computer database software
- Ability to identify concerns and problem-solve situations
- Proficient in computer systems such as Outlook 365, MS Office Suite, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Completion of a three (3) year post-secondary program in health care, disability management or a related field or equivalent with preference given to applicants who have current registration as an RN with the CNO and certification in occupational health nursing (C.O.H.N (C)).
- Three (3) years of related work experience is required
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all staff as directed by the Ministry. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Mandatory requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) based on your role within TVDSB. This may include wearing a medical mask, eye protection and any other protective equipment as directed. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety Protocols and Training as required and directed
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
E. Usanovic, Acting Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.