This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 14, 2021
Intermediate Property Underwriter – Now Hiring
We are expanding our Underwriting team! Currently, we are searching for a Personal Lines Underwriter to join our Team. Kent & Essex Mutual Insurance is a progressive and well-established local mutual insurance company that prides itself on professional and genuine service provided by a team of insurance professionals who understand our policyholder needs and put our customers first. Our office is proudly located in Chatham, Ontario and has been for over 130 years.
- Underwrite, rate and issue Personal Lines Property new business, endorsements, and renewals
- Possess effective team building skills
- Have a passion to share knowledge and build productive relationships with Brokers and our Underwriting Team
- Exhibit sound judgment and confident decision-making abilities
- Perform risk assessments to determine acceptability of risk, appropriate course of action required, and to ensure proper classification and rating within the appropriate authority limit
- Be able to easily adapt to changes in technology, processes, and workflow
- Minimum 3-5 years of related insurance or underwriting experience (preference will be given to those with experience in property, farm and/or commercial lines of business)
- Completion of post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Completion of, or willingness to earn professional designation(s) such as e.g., Chartered Insurance Professional
- Strong knowledge of computers, MS Office programs and the ability to learn new software with ease
- You are professional and courteous in all interactions, whether with policyholders, brokers, or co-workers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You perform well in a busy operation, remain calm under pressure, and can prioritize appropriately
What We Offer
Please apply in confidence to Human Resources by email: email@example.com by August 4, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Kent & Essex Mutual will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Location – We are flexible for this position to be in-office or remote or a mix of both
- An incredible team of smart and supportive people
- Comprehensive benefits, ongoing education, and a competitive compensation package
- A culture of spirit, fun and enthusiasm
- A company that values diversity, our business partners, our community and the health and well-being of our team