This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 12, 2021
Grow with us, and have a part in making Huron Tractor the “Right Choice” for our Customers!
Huron Tractor is one of John Deere’s largest partners in Canada, with eleven locations servicing Southern Ontarians.
We’re proud to serve a community of customers that spans agricultural operations, commercial enterprises and homeowners, with one of the largest inventories of machines and parts in Canada.
Location: Chatham, Ontario
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Due to a retirement, we have a need for a Service Manager. This position will report to the Store Manager. The Service Manager oversees service operations within the dealership, optimizing Service Department processes while ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction.
Why Huron Tractor?
Our commitment to great customer service starts with the great people on our team. We take pride in helping our employees develop careers that reward, enrich and grow with the individual.
- Great training opportunities through John Deere, as well as internal training
- Competitive compensation
- RRSP’s and extended benefits
- Employee Discounts
- Future Growth Opportunities
- Excellent team environments with a Social Committee that plans great events
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Coaching, evaluating, and developing the service team, reviewing training opportunities and providing the team with opportunities for growth
- Scheduling and assigning jobs and work areas to employees in the service department according to their skills and knowledge
- Managing the daily operations of the department, recognizing employee, customer, and management needs, and making decisions accordingly
- Creating annual service department goals and budget, in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives
- Reviews work orders for completeness and accuracy prior to customer billing, while ensuring that any open work orders are being closed off in a timely manner
- Ensuring that service vehicles are maintained, and that tools and equipment that technicians require to perform job responsibilities are available and in good working order.
- Fostering a sense of customer satisfaction and repeat business, building new and existing relationships with customers
Please forward your resume with cover letter stating how your qualifications and experience fit with the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in Service Department operations, or related leadership role
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products would be considered an asset
- Basic understanding of financial principles and ability to understand basic internal reports
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Excellent customer service skills
Huron Tractor is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Accommodations will be made for applicants with disabilities.