This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 21, 2021
Staff Accountant (multiple opportunities) (Norwich, Delhi, Tillsonburg)
Are you looking for that next step in your finance career, where you can thrive in a family, team environment with that home town, rural roots feel?
Due to growth of our firm, we are currently recruiting several Intermediate and Senior Staff Accountants for all of our Norwich, Tillsonburg and Delhi, ON office locations. We do ideally require candidates who are willing to relocate to a comfortable 20 minute maximum commute. We place the successful candidates into the office location which best fits the candidates, skills, suitable training & development environment and the fit with the team members.
Millards Chartered Professional Accountants, founded in 1920, is a full service accounting firm with the goal of providing personal attention and hands-on service to every client. We pride ourselves on offering high professional standards, competence and integrity and a great environment where our teammates can grow. We provide accounting services in the following areas; Personal, Corporate, Taxation, Valuation, and Technology.
Our Team is a group of dedicated individuals who are always ready to assist their clients and the communities in which they live. Friendly, knowledgeable and reliable, our clients can count on Millards for effective and experience driven expertise.
- Involvement with work related to engagement assignments, including review, and compilation, in addition to personal and corporate tax returns.
- Preparation and completion of working papers, financial statements and tax returns for compilation and review engagements according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses.
- Ensuring that all significant engagement matters are documented and brought to the attention of the Partner, as well as keeping them informed of the progress of the engagement.
- Coordination, and follow-up with the appropriate government agencies as required, of tax assignments including preparation of tax returns (T1, T2s, T4s, T5s, HST), and coordination with the tax department to ensure queries are cleared and deadlines are met.
We will gladly accept resumes from candidates with full cycle accounting experience and are interested in growing their skills within a public accounting setting.
If you have the required background and are looking to work hard with an independent, growing, firm that offers the opportunity for growth within a great workplace, please respond to this ad, in confidence to our hiring partner firstname.lastname@example.org. State position title in the Subject Line please.
We offer an attractive and competitive compensation program where we recognize the efforts of our team for their above and beyond the call of duty work ethics.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies please.
- Post-secondary education in Business Accounting/Finance at either a college or university level and either completion or working towards CPA designation
- Public accounting experience an asset
- We will definitely consider candidates who have solid full cycle accounting experience and looking to grow into the public accounting realm.
- Accounting software knowledge and excellent MS Office (Excel)
- Working experience with public accounting software such as Case ware, Tax prep would be an asset.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Outstanding client/customer service skills and the ability to work in a confidential environment, either as part of a team or independently
- Solid knowledge and understanding of required government taxes (payroll, consumer and other business).