This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
|Cler-Tech 47-23-24 CAS
|Nov 30, 2023
Grand Erie District School Board
Invites applications for
1.0 FTE School Secretary
J.L. Mitchener PS (Cayuga, ON)
Grand Erie District School Board represents more than 27,000 students in 58 elementary schools and 14 secondary schools within the City of Brantford and the counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk, as well as students from Six Nations of the Grand River First Nation and Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation. With a dedicated staff of more than 2,900, Grand Erie is committed to learning, leading and inspiring. The Education Centre is located in Brantford. The Board is currently seeking a 1.0 FTE 10-month School Secretary to join our team.
The School Secretary must be able to perform the following tasks
- Answer routine inquiries from staff, students and the general public
- Responsible for organizing and typing of materials related to school operations
- Maintain files consistent with school operations
- Assist with preparation of material for school monthly reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
- overtime and use of a personal vehicle may be required
- may be required to be available for a call-back outside of regular working hours for emergency situations
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma (Grade 12 or equivalent education)
- Proficient in the use of computers; experience with Power School essential
- Excellent keyboarding skills; speed and accuracy are essential
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to work effectively and efficiently with minimum supervision
- Basic bookkeeping skills (i.e. have the ability to record, balance and handle small amounts of funds)
- Exemplary customer service skills
All submissions are to include a complete cover letter, resume, qualifications, and the names of three (3) professional references at least one of which must be a current supervisor (one document if submitted electronically). All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector search”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance.
All submissions are subject to a screening process and some applicants may not be granted an interview.
Grand Erie District School Board recognizes Six Nations of the Grand River and Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, as the longstanding peoples of this territory. We honour, recognize, and respect these communities as well as all First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples who reside within Grand Erie District School Board. We are all stewards of these lands and waters where we now gather, learn and play, and commit to working together in the spirit of Reconciliation.
|Hours of Work
|Full-time, 10 month position. Currently 1477 hours per school year
|Rate of Pay
|As per the collective agreement
|Scott McDonald, Principal
|Cler-Tech 47-23-24 CAS
| January 8, 2024
Casual applicants may apply by clicking the button below by December 7, 2023 at 4:00 pm.