This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 05, 2023
The Grand Erie District School Board’s 2,800 employees provide quality education to approximately 26,000 full-time equivalent students who attend our 72 schools. The Board spans a geographic area encompassing the City of Brantford and the Counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. The Board requires a qualified full-time Computer Technician.
Responsibilities may include:
Providing telephone, email, on site and/or remote desktop technical support along with support for Microsoft Office 365. Providing support for desktop PC’s, laptops, netbooks, printers, tablets and smart phones. Installing Standard Image on Endpoint devices and installing, preparing, imaging and support hardware. Maintaining school-based technology as required. The successful team member will utilize work order software (TOPdesk) along with any other duties as assigned. The team member may be required to be available for a call-back outside of regular working hours for emergency situations.
- University degree in Computer science or a Community College diploma with a focus on software support (ie Computer Systems Technician–Software Support or Information Technology Support Services) is required.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) or A+ certification required
- A minimum of three years’ previous experience in a similar role is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on quality customer service
- Strong customer service skills and organizational skills are essential, including the ability to deal with multiple activities.
- Experience in trouble-shooting technical issues using sound methodology and processes preferred
- Experience working with call tracking/work order software (TOPdesk) an asset
- Experience with Microsoft O365, Windows 10, MVAL, Kurzweil, PD Place, Active Directory Account Management an asset.
- Hands on experience with desktops, netbooks, laptops, Windows tablets, iPads and Windows Mobile devices an asset
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
All submissions are to include a complete cover letter, resume, qualifications, and the names of three (3) professional references at least one of which must be a current supervisor (one document if submitted electronically). All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector search”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
|Hours of Work
||Full-time, 7 hour day; 35 hours per week
|Rate of Pay
||$33.04 per hour plus vacation pay
||As soon as can be mutually arraigned to August 30, 2023 (or until the return of the current incumbent)
||Join us! - Careers - Grand Erie District School Board (knighthunter.com)
Deadline: Wednesday May 31, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance.
All submissions are subject to a screening process and some applicants may not be granted an interview.
Grand Erie District School Board recognizes Six Nations of the Grand River and Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, as the longstanding peoples of this territory. We honour, recognize, and respect these communities as well as all First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples who reside within Grand Erie District School Board. We are all stewards of these lands and waters where we now gather, learn and play, and commit to working together in the spirit of Reconciliation.