This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
|Jun 21, 2023
The Thames Valley District School Board (TVDSB) is the fourth largest school board in Ontario and a major employer in one of Canada’s fastest growing regions. Our inclusive and diverse board serves 83,000 students and employs nearly 12,000 staff across the City of London, Elgin, Middlesex and Oxford Counties, Chippewas of the Thames First Nation, Munsee-Delaware Nation and Oneida Nation of the Thames. We offer competitive benefits including a pension program and comprehensive mental health and well-being support. Best of all, every role at TVDSB directly supports the success of children and families in YOUR community. Join TVDSB to build each student's tomorrow, every day!
SUPERVISOR - PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES
JOB TITLE: Supervisor- Psychological Services
DATE OF VACANCY: August 2023July 20
Reporting to the Manager of Professional Student Services, the Supervisor of Psychological Services is responsible to develop, organize and direct the delivery of equitable, inclusive and culturally relevant psychological services required for students. This job collaborates with internal and external partners to promote the importance of psychological factors for student achievement and well-being in alignment with the Thames Valley DSB Operational Plan.
- Develops and ensures an equitable, inclusive, and culturally relevant Psychological Services delivery model in accordance with evidence-informed practice and professional/scholarly research that is adopted to support students with mental health, cognitive, learning, social-emotional and communication challenges
- Builds staff capacity to implement leading practices with respect to assessment, diagnosis, intervention, and academic programming
- Provides clinical guidance to Psychology staff to implement the service delivery model which includes support for students and their school-based staff and caregivers
- In collaboration with the Manager, develops and monitors psychology service allocations to schools, central teams and committees to allow equitable distribution of services to address student needs and advance strategic priorities
- Consults and collaborates with the Special Education management team, Learning Support Services (LSS) departments and school-based leaders in order to ensure that psychological supports and services are delivered effectively, with fidelity and aligned to relevant academic and mental health programming
- Provides management oversight and direction to Psychology staff, ensuring that the professional practice of regulated Health Care practitioners is in compliance with relevant legislation and professional college requirements in order to provide evidence based psychological services to students
- Participates in the recruitment and hiring of Psychological Services staff
- Provides and manages mentorship for new staff and monitor and evaluates performance of existing staff
- Consults and collaborates with Human Resources on complex management, performance and discipline issues
- Contributes as the District’s Supervisor of Psychological Services to address district level training
- Contributes to internal district communication, planning and budget development
- Develops and facilitates professional development for staff
- Collaborates with local universities and community service providers to facilitate strong community relationships to the benefit of students
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Masters or Doctorial (PhD) degree in Psychology
- A Psychologist or Psychological Associate who holds a Certificate of Registration authorizing autonomous practice through the College of Psychologists of Ontario
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience
- Training and/or experience in management in the field of educational psychology preferred