This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 01, 2023
Join the Y Newcomer Services Team!
Be the Spark! Join our passionate team and be the spark that ignites the potential in others. YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of licensed child care in Canada, offers settlement services to newcomers to Canada, operates 2 overnight camps and 16 Health & Fitness branches across Southwestern Ontario, and we have been making a positive difference in the communities we serve for over 50 years!
Position: Program Assistant, WE Value
Location: Hybrid occasionally in person at 500 Victoria Ave Windsor Ontario and remote required
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $48,000 - $51,000 per year
Type: Full Time Contract until March 31, 2024
As part of your total compensation:
The WE Value Partnership program began in 2018, piloting innovation in the newcomer settlement sector to foster improved service coordination and digital innovation through modern cloud-based Salesforce technologies. This has resulted in tools for front line staff, clients, and community partners from across the social determinants of health who are working together to encourage streamlined processes that support newcomers to realize their potential. WE Value represents an ecosystem approach to settlement including service delivery, academic research, community engagement, knowledge mobilization, and inter-disciplinary cross sectoral relationships. Through pan-Canadian collaborations WE Value aims to envision a sector that continues to build on innovation, human-centered design, and asset-based community development principles.
Specific to this role, the successful application would support various aspects of the overall program. This would include operational and administrative assistance the team. This role will take further stewardship of internal processes with the intention to become a key role in the overall team’s success.
Let’s bring together passion with purpose to empower your skills and contribute to positive change in the settlement sector through “Settlement Success, Together.”.
Learn more about the WE Value Program at www.wevalue.ca
In this role, you will:
- Receive a complimentary YMCA membership to our Health & Fitness facilities, and discounts on YMCA child care and camp programs
- 6 paid personal days per year plus 4 unpaid days
- Be part of a caring and supportive network of people to help each other succeed
- Complimentary access to wellness and counselling services
Education and Skills Qualifications:
- Support the implementation of all program deliverables to ensure program meets set targets
- Create and manage a comprehensive program management plan, ensuring compliance of timelines and requirements
- Work closely with the WE Value Program Manager to monitor and track tasks, dependencies, and timelines while providing support as needed to the internal staff and project partners
- Conduct meetings to gather feedback, assign tasks, and coordinator program activities
- Support the development and ongoing implementation of technology solutions, including all ongoing updates and iterations.
- Explain and train front-line users on new technology solutions relevant to client management, including automation, artificial intelligence, referral tracking, digital transformation, and reporting
- Assist with the development of training materials and best practices in change management for organizations adopting new technologies
- Attend and taking meeting notes/minutes with clear action points, due dates, and context while ensuring clarity of roles, commitments, and milestones
- Respond and prepare communications to staff members, community partners, and others as required
- Book meetings and preparing agendas based on timelines and task dependencies through a collaborative process including meeting logistics, communication, and operating audio visual equipment
- Facilitate meetings to catalyze the development of innovative and collaborative solutions
- File materials in a shared drive to maintain important records
- Support project and program evaluation through report writing
- Support annual project evaluation and documenting the project and program milestones, events, and best practices
- Assist in managing and meeting budgetary objectives, adjusting as necessary
- Make and manage all necessary arrangements associated with the program including purchasing of materials and supplies, payments, recruitment of presenters etc.
- Perform risk management to minimize program risks
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Support community engagement team to facilitate outreach presentations, focus groups, and stakeholder training sessions
- Perform other duties driving towards overall program success
- Be committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a sense of belonging
- Embrace and exemplify the Y’s core values
Why The Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and welcomes people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families.
- College or University diploma in a relevant field
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity towards the challenges facing immigrant newcomers
- Previous experience on a large scale projects or programs (an asset)
- Previous experience working within the Settlement Sector (an asset)
- 1-2 years of working experience in a related field
- Competency with all Microsoft Office applications
- Competency with online meeting platforms, including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective time-management skills with ability to meet deadlines, and achieve targets in a virtual and in-office team environment
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Effective communication skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with colleagues, community partners, key stakeholders, and government agencies
- Basic understanding of Salesforce (an asset)
- General experience with digital applications and client management systems (an asset)
- Familiar with project management tools such as ClickUp (an asset)
- Must provide a current Criminal Record Check as per the Association’s policy
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Submit your cover letter, resume, and supporting documents via email to: email@example.com. The job posting deadline closes at midnight on September 18th 2023
NOTE: The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
- Include in your submission your specialized experience, and why you are the best candidate for this role. Please include the name of the position and location in your application.
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.