Millards Chartered Professional Accountants, founded in 1920, and with locations throughout South Western Ontario, is a full- service accounting firm with the goal of providing personal attention and hands-on service to every client. We pride ourselves on offering high professional standards, competence and integrity and a great environment where our teammates can grow. We provide accounting services in the following areas: Personal, Corporate, Taxation, Valuation, and Technology.
Our Team is a group of dedicated individuals who are always ready to assist their clients and the communities in which they live. Friendly, knowledgeable and reliable, our clients can count on Millards for effective and experience driven expertise.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Staff Accountant for our Norwich, ON office.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Leading small and medium sized end to end client engagements.
- Understanding client businesses, their key risks and opportunities and provide strategic solutions
- Involvement with work related to engagement assignments, including review, and compilation, in addition to personal and corporate tax returns.
- Preparation and completion of working papers, financial statements and tax returns for compilation and review engagements according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses.
- Ensuring that all significant engagement matters are documented and brought to the attention of the Partner, as well as keeping them informed of the progress of the engagement.
- Coordination, and follow-up with the appropriate government agencies as required, of tax assignments including preparation of tax returns (T1, T2s, T4s, T5s, HST), and coordination with the tax department to ensure queries are cleared and deadlines are met.
- Proficient in CaseWare and Taxprep
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to deliver in a fast paced, deadline and customer focused environment
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
The successful candidate will have 3 to 5 or more years of public accounting experience. Significant applied experience with complex tax transactions is desired.
We are looking for a self-starter with a commitment to professional client service. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will be required to liaise with clients, team members and other community partners.
If you have the required background and are looking to work hard with an independent, growing, firm that offers the opportunity for personal growth within a great workplace, please respond to this ad, in confidence to our hiring partner firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies please.