This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 24, 2023
The Grand Erie District School Board’s 2,800 employees provide quality education to approximately 26,000 full-time equivalent students who attend our 72 schools. The Board spans a geographic area encompassing the City of Brantford and the Counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. The Board requires qualified full-time Carpenters or FMMs.
The Carpenter / FMM must be able to perform skilled work in maintenance, repair, alteration and remodeling of buildings including:
- rough and finished carpentry
- tear down and rebuild of partitions
- install new flooring such as wood, linoleum, carpet, or tile
- build tables, cabinets, shelves, and desks from rough sketches and blueprints
- install pre-hung, slab, wood-framed, and metal doors and window frames
- repair doors, window frames, tables, and chairs
- remove, install and adjust locksets, door closers and panic devices
- perform plaster/drywall work and patch plastering on walls
- pour concrete to make floors, walkways, pads or other projects
- perform preventative maintenance, routine maintenance, installation and repair on the Board’s mechanical equipment, HVAC systems, well pumps and water treatment equipment
- successfully respond to break downs in schools and emergency calls of malfunctioning equipment
- assemble, install and repair pipes, fittings and fixtures of water, heating and drainage systems. Repair or replace leaking and defective roofing using materials such as roll, roofing, roof coating, primer sealers and flashing
- comply with legal requirements with respect to safety and fire code, building code and other related laws and regulations
- prepare and maintain accurate records as required, including work orders, requisitions for supplies, and maintenance records for maintenance/mechanical equipment
NOTE: The successful candidate may be required to use their own vehicle for the purpose of carrying Board equipment, tools, supplies, etc. and for travelling between job sites.
- Minimum grade 12 education is required
- Previous experience in a similar role will be considered an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills are required
- Completion of Certificate of Qualification (ie Facility Maintenance Mechanic, Facility Services Technician, Carpenter) is required
- Current computer skills to access the internet, use the Board’s email system (Outlook) and work order system are required
- Ability to exercise good judgement and prioritize work assignments is necessary
- Ability to work effectively as part of a service delivery team is a requirement
- Superior customer service skills and attention to detail is expected
- Minimum Class G driver’s licence which must be maintained while employed
All submissions are to include a complete cover letter, resume, qualifications, and the names of three (3) professional references at least one of which must be a current supervisor (one document if submitted electronically). All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector search”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance.
All submissions are subject to a screening process and some applicants may not be granted an interview.
Grand Erie District School Board recognizes Six Nations of the Grand River and Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, as the longstanding peoples of this territory. We honour, recognize, and respect these communities as well as all First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples who reside within Grand Erie District School Board. We are all stewards of these lands and waters where we now gather, learn and play, and commit to working together in the spirit of Reconciliation.
|Hours of Work
||Full-time 40 hours per week, 12 months per year
|Rate of Pay
||$26.02/hour. A very competitive benefit package is available.
||As soon as can be mutually arranged
Deadline: February 16, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.