WILL Employment Solutions is looking to add a motivational Counsellor to a team of experienced counsellors who provide direct service delivery to job seekers to meet their employment objectives. The successful candidate would coach and motivate job seekers to achieve meaningful employment, connect with available resources and access available supports.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Counselling/Career Development (or equivalent);
- Experience in client service delivery roles, preferably in the employment service sector;
- Knowledge of immigrant employment journey and integration into labour market;
- Knowledge of the employment and training sector in Southwestern Ontario and employment counselling models, labour market trends, and hiring practices;
- Flexible and able to deal with competing priorities in a changing environment;
- Genuine, empathetic, approachable and collaborative;
- Able to remain calm and goal focused in stressful situations and effectively function in both in person and virtual environments; and
- Strong technical skills/proficient with MS office, internet, database, and social media platforms.
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset
- Work with clients to determine employment goals, identify barriers, and create employment action plans;
- Advocate for clients and refer to community programs/services;
- Case manage clients’ employment journeys; motivate and engage job seekers for employment success;
- Collaborate with WILL Access to actively support clients in the process of international academic credential evaluation and licensure\certification in one of Ontario’s regulated professions
- Monitor case files, and assure integrity of data collection;
- Achieve outcomes related to the organization’s Strategic Plan and targets;
- Follow processes and implement procedures;
- Support clients with resumes, and interview preparation;
- Promote inter-team and interpersonal cooperation;
- Implement initiatives of the organization/projects;
- Support organizational outreach including offsite counselling meetings as requested;
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with community partners;
- Sustain an inclusive and professional environment.
If you would like to work with us, we would love to hear from you. Simply send your resume and cover letter by Friday, January 26th, 2024 at 4:00pm to:
- Awesome co-workers and meaningful goals.
- Health, dental and vision, employee assistance and pension benefits/programs.
- Professional development opportunities.
- A salary range of $43,000 - $48,000 annually for a 35 hour work week depending on level of experience
- Generous paid sick time and vacation time.
Hiring Committee/Employer Counsellor c/o WILL Employment Solutions
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com Please reference: Hiring Committee/Employment Counsellor in subject Line.
WILL Employment Solutions values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
Please note that although we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. The organization is presently hiring for a few roles. All applications will be actively considered against available roles. We encourage you to also directly apply to each role of interest with a customized cover letter and resume.