ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is looking for a talented UI Artist to join our friendly team on Warframe. In this role, you will be responsible for designing the look of new game features as well as redesigning older screens and components to bring them in line with our current UI style. You will be helping to shape the look and improve the usability of Warframe's UI, while working along side a passionate team of artists that can help you learn and grow within your role.
This is currently a remote position with the option to work in-studio in the future if desired.
- Design and implement screen menus, HUD elements, iconography, UI FX, store imagery & menu animations
- Work closely with game designers and UI programmers to develop interfaces that work within our technical limitations and present desired screen content for new features effectively
- Identify existing UI/UX problems within the game and provide solutions to help solve those issues
- Identify bugs related to UI and work with the programming team to solve and repair design related issues
- Maintain consistency across the UI by utilizing pre-established styles and components
- Ability to conceptualize new UI styles and components
- Strong Visual Design and illustration skills with an eye for graphic design, typography, motion graphics and iconography.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, autonomous and adaptable
- Organized, and possesses the ability to troubleshoot technical challenges
- Strong design problem solving skills with the ability to independently research and learn the ins and outs of our existing UI systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with rapid iteration
- Bachelor of Fine Arts or equivalent experience an asset
- 3-5 years experience designing and creating iconography, user interfaces and menus for games, apps or websites
- Portfolio that demonstrates excellence in both Graphic Design and UI for Games, Web, or Mobile Apps
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator Enthusiasm and interest in video games
- Knowledge of Lua and/or ActionScript
- Experience working in Adobe Animate
- Familiarity working in game engines
- Experience working in a 3D software package
- Experience in wireframing and prototyping
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. Newer projects include the recently launched cross-platform MMORPG Wayfinder® (developed by Airship Syndicate & published by Digital Extremes), as well as the highly anticipated Soulframe®, an in-development open-world action-fantasy title.
Digital Extremes is headquartered in London, Ontario, Canada, and is proud to be selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, achieving this recognition for the last nine years in a row.
For more information and exciting news related to Digital Extremes, please visit www.digitalextremes.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://grnh.se/1355232c7us