This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Dec 01, 2021
SUPERVISOR, PAYROLL SERVICES
JOB TITLE: Supervisor, Payroll Services
LOCATION: Education Centre, London*
SALARY RANGE$73,980 - $97,835 per year
HIRING RANGE: $73,980 - $94,423
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until position has been filled
POSITION SUMMARY: The Supervisor, Payroll Services provides leadership in all payroll initiatives, processes, pension plans, and systems and is responsible for supervision of payroll staff to ensure the accurate and timely payment of employees, reporting and remittance payments including, but not limited to OTPP, OMERS, CRA and EHT, benefit companies, charities and union/association dues. The Supervisor, Payroll Services processes the biweekly senior administration payroll, approves salary payments for accrual, provides assistance in the development of salary and benefit budgets, and is responsible for the payroll processing and related financial reporting in adherence with Board policies, procedures, collective agreements, government legislation, and Ministry regulations.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of the biweekly and monthly payrolls
- Supervise Payroll Control Assistants, Specialists, Payroll Services and Payroll Analyst
- Audit payroll systems and processes for compliance, recommending process improvements, initiating revisions to existing procedures and processes within the department
- Implement test patches, investigate and resolve issues within all Payroll Systems, communicating with IT and HR as required for issues where necessary
- Review and approve remittances and reporting for statutory and non-statutory payroll deductions to third parties
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of current issues emerging in financial, payroll, pension, and HR administration
- Coordinate activities and adhere to deadlines set by Ministry, government agencies, Financial Services, Pension Plans, etc.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Designation as a Certified Payroll Manager through The Canadian Payroll Association is required. Five (5) years of related work experience is required with preference given to individuals who have supervisory experience in a large, complex, multi-union environment.
*Flexible work arrangements
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
Conditions of Employment with Thames Valley District School Board, due to COVID-19 requirements
- Expert knowledge of basic and complex payroll calculations and a thorough understanding of payroll, CRA legislation, Employer Health Tax (EHT), Employment Standards, Human Rights legislation and relevant sections and clauses in applicable collective agreements with TVDSB
- Proficient in computer systems such as SQL programming and management, report writing, K212 HRP, K212 Finance, Thames Valley Absence Reporting and Replacement Information System (TVARRIS), Outlook 365, MS Office Suite, etc.
- Knowledge of CRA Legislation and Pension Regulations
- Familiarity with Accounting principles and programs such as K212 Finance, K212 HRP, Portal, ISYS
- Possess a high degree of responsibility, accountability, analytical thinking, time management, and oversight
- Knowledge of project management and accounting principles with previous supervisory experience and understanding of best practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination attestation requirement for all staff as directed by the Ministry. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Mandatory requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) based on your role within TVDSB. This may include wearing a medical mask, eye protection and any other protective equipment as directed. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety Protocols and Training as required and directed