ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are seeking an Intermediate Environment Artist to join the scrappy team that helps build the Warframe universe. We work with a proprietary engine across multiple platforms and you would have the opportunity, and load to bear, of delivering from scratch visual design. Your comfort with Art Theory will be tested by a wide range of settings from landscapes to sci-fi hallways all the way to surreal abstractions. You need to have a strong understanding of modern DCC apps (Designer, medium poly and sub-d modeling, Painter, etc.). You will also need a strong portfolio that demonstrates your craft applied to the high sci-fi settings we create. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in an agile environment driven by JIRA in a Kanban workflow and have an excellent understanding of efficient techniques for game production.
- Utilize your traditional art skills, and knowledge of the latest DCC applications to build high-quality 3D models
- Bring the game’s visual design into game-ready art. Handling; modelling, texturing, UV mapping with guidance from the Lead Artists and Art Directors
- Contribute innovative and original ideas toward the game’s visual identity and development
- Assess risks in your work and manage its timely delivery
- Actively participate in the feedback loop. With your own work, providing feedback within the art team, and mentoring when it’s your specialization
- Staying current on the project’s scope and maintaining an understanding of the art and story of Warframe
- Effectively prioritize competing short and long-term projects while maintaining your eye for detail
- 1+ years previous experience in the video game industry
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent modelling and a strong understanding of environment texturing workflows (IE: PBR, Designer, tiling/trim/hybrid trim/decal textures and similar)
- A solid ability to optimize your models
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Strong DCC experience. Modelling with Max, Maya, Blender, sculpting with ZBrush, and texturing with Painter and Designer
- Have an enthusiasm and interest in Warframe
- Traditional art background or applied experience
- Strong composition skills and understanding of colour theory
- Experience with more technical software (IE: Speedtree, World Machine, Houdini, and similar)
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/147