Temporary Student Information System (SIS) Training Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
HIRING RANGE: $30.16 -$38.50 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
DATE OF VACANCY: September, 2020 to August, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 21, 2020
The SIS Training and Coordinator designs, develops, manages and implements training for board employees in the Student Information System (SIS) Technology system and associated software. The Coordinator works with multiple learning media, solicits feedback and continuously improves approaches and techniques to best serve the training needs of all employee groups in the Board. The incumbent also maintains and updates the departmental training repository, online knowledge base and FAQ sites, keeping their contents current; and develops and maintains a high level of current knowledge and skill in the use of SIS functions, associated software and effective training methods and techniques.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigate sources of training materials from other School Boards, Districts and Aspen that can be used for training purposes for employee groups
· Partners with internal stakeholders to design, develop and implement training plans for the SIS and leads in Training team meetings as required
· Identifies and assesses training needs by consulting with stakeholders to identify level of training and timing of training for different TVDSB groups
· Designs, develops and implements training plans for Board staff for the SIS using the appropriate training methods and approaches, that may include but not be limited to face to face, virtual, simulated, self-directed, coaching and online training materials
· Maintains SIS training plans, schedule and communicate the plans, facilitate training sessions and workshops, monitor employee participation statistics and prepare reports with analysis and recommendations
· Coordinates and maintains SIS learning materials, Maintains and updates the SIS Project Training SharePoint site, online knowledge base and the SIS FAQ sites keeping their contents current
· Develop and maintain a high level of current knowledge and skill in the use of corporate computer applications, education principles and new training methods and techniques
· Partners with department supervisors to support departmental staff in SIS training needs
· Other duties as required
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Completion of a two (2) year post-secondary program in training and development or a computer related field or equivalent. Three (3) years of related work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer, Training Facilitator or similar role with hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events.
· Experience with e-learning platforms and/or learning management systems and other modern technology training methods and techniques as well as industry best practices and techniques for delivery learning
· Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
· MS Office proficiency with strong communication skills
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, please contact the Staffing Specialist listed below for assistance.
Please use the “Apply for this position" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications using this link will be considered. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A.Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources