This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 11, 2023
The Thames Valley District School Board (TVDSB) is the fourth largest school board in Ontario and a major employer in one of Canada’s fastest growing regions. Our inclusive and diverse board serves 83,000 students and employs nearly 12,000 staff across the City of London, Elgin, Middlesex and Oxford Counties, Chippewas of the Thames First Nation, Munsee-Delaware Nation and Oneida Nation of the Thames. We offer competitive benefits including a pension program and comprehensive mental health and well-being support. Best of all, every role at TVDSB directly supports the success of children and families in YOUR community. Join TVDSB to build each student's tomorrow, every day!
JOB TITLE: Training Coordinator
SALARY RANGE: $56,568 - $74,809
HIRING RANGE: $56,568 - $72,199
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2023 September 20
The Training Coordinator partners with other Board staff and stakeholders to maintain, design, develop, deliver, facilitate and coordinate training, learning curriculum and training plans for Board employees in Information technology systems, programs and applications supported by the Board. The incumbent works with multiple learning media, maintain and update the departmental training repositories, SharePoint sites, online knowledge base and FAQ sites, and partners with departmental colleagues for staff participation in relevant professional training, seminars, conferences, symposia and other activities/events as required. The incumbent partners with other board staff to build and /or maintain learning curriculum, as well as to manage and maintain online/virtual training platforms and in-house training facilities and equipment, and continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and strengthen customer and vendor relationships by developing and promoting a collaborative working environment with staff and other stakeholders. The incumbent solicits feedback and continuously improves approaches and techniques to Information Technology learning in the Board, as well as develops and maintains a high level of current knowledge and skill in the use of corporate computer applications, education principles and effective training methods and technique, and provides support to the Supervisor, ITS Projects and Training as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts training needs assessment by consulting with stakeholders to identify information technology systems, programs and applications, skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Designs, develops and implements training plans for Board staff for Technology systems and applications using the appropriate training methods and approaches, that may include but not be limited to classroom at any of the board locations, virtual, simulated, self-directed, coaching and online training materials.
- Provides a high standard in delivering IT training and guidance in best practices using Board applications
- Develops, coordinates yearly training plans, schedules and communicates the plans, facilitate training sessions and workshops, monitor employee participation statistics and prepare reports with analysis and recommendations.
- Investigate sources for internal and external trainers and arranges for training delivery, working with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to design, develop and implement training plans for new/updated technology initiatives and projects, participates in departmental project meetings as required.
- Partners with department supervisors to support departmental staff in maintaining skills needed to support Board information technology, systems and applications as well as enable compliance with industry best practices.
- Partners with stakeholders in the design, development, facilitation, and implementation of professional development plans for departmental employees in addition to developing and executing other training innovations to meet department objectives.
- Partners with departmental colleagues for staff participation in relevant professional training, seminars, conferences, symposia, and other activities/events as required.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and strengthen customer and vendor relationships by developing and promoting a collaborative working environment with staff and other stakeholders.
- Partners with other board staff in creating and maintaining online guides and manuals for IT-related applications, IT services, newly IT-implemented features, and usage of AV equipment in meeting rooms
- Partners with other board staff in maintaining online repositories, SharePoint sites, and other online platforms used by the board
- Partner with other board staff to build and/or maintain learning curriculum, as well as to manage and maintain online/virtual training platforms and in-house training facilities and equipment.
- Other duties as required.
First consideration will be given to permanent members of The Association of Administrative, Professional and Support Personnel (AAPSP).
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Completion of a three (3) year post-secondary program in training and development or a computer related field or equivalent
- Three (3) years of related work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer, Training Facilitator or similar role with hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events