Maintenance Coordinator, Facility Services
$61,312 – $81,085 (pending review)
$61,312 - $78,258 (pending review)
DATE OF VACANCY:
As Soon As Possible
2020 February 04
Under the direction of the Manager, the Maintenance Coordinator develops, documents, and maintains preventative maintenance and asset management standards of all Board facilities and systems. This includes the administration of the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), ensuring thorough documentation and standardization maintenance processes are followed to provide effective and efficient planned and preventative maintenance.
The Maintenance Coordinator provides reliable information, reports, and recommendations to ensure compliance with all government regulations to protect against injury, facility damage and school day losses. The Maintenance Coordinator also acts as a training facilitator, providing ongoing technical support for all processes and procedures as it relates to the Maintenance department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Responsible for the accurate and timely collection of equipment data, ensuring identification is completed correctly and data is recorded in the CMMS in a well-organized manner, so it can be easily retrieved and utilized to facilitate maintenance of the systems.
- Knowledge of facility maintenance procedures and systems; with a strong understanding of preventive maintenance practices, proper sequencing of repair work, and facilities construction terminology as it relates to the performance of maintenance work.
- Coordinate with the appropriate Facility Services staff and supporting departments, facilitating workflow and the efficient use of time by establishing processes, guidelines, and rules related to maintenance operations and the preventative maintenance program, recommending changes to improve operations.
- Knowledge of the roles of the Maintenance staff and the services accomplished by each trade, as well as the terms of services provided through various contractors, to ensure proper allocation of work.
- Provide superior customer service through effective communication and collaboration with all customers, coworkers, staff, supporting departments, and contractors.
- Assist with budget preparation and tracking of expenditures. Prepare drafts of documents, contracts, specifications and agreements for the Supervisors and the Manager.
- Work collaboratively with interdepartmental staff to collect data regarding new construction, renovation, or other projects, ensuring data is recorded accurately in the CMMS.
- Read and interpret technical documents, manuals, and drawings.
- Contribute to the overall success of Facility Services by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Successful completion of three (3) year degree or diploma in engineering technology or building operations preferred, or completion of a two (2) year diploma combined with a valid recognized licensed trade certification. The position requires frequent use of the employee’s personal vehicle for travel to Board sites.
Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience developing preventative maintenance programs using a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), work order scheduling, maintenance planning, and working with different trades (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, etc); demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access; experience developing and delivering training programs and services.
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, please contact the Staffing Specialist listed below for assistance.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.