This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Nov 24, 2022
Full-time Payroll Clerk
The Grand Erie District School Board’s 2,800 employees provide quality education to approximately 26,000 full-time equivalent students who attend our 72 schools. The Board spans a geographic area encompassing the City of Brantford and the Counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. The head office is located in Brantford. The Board is currently seeking a Payroll Administrator/Clerk to join our team. The position comes with a competitive benefits package and pension with OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System).
We’re a team building a culture of learning, well-being and belonging to inspire every learner. We’re all learners, leaders and inspirers, working with students, our communities and each other to build a stronger future. We offer outstanding colleagues and supportive leadership, a commitment to ongoing learning and an excellent compensation package.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the accuracy of processing full-cycle computerized payrolls, payroll administration and reporting of pension and benefits, and the preparation of related reports and forms. In addition, there is responsibility for liaising with others internally and externally as well as responding to payroll related inquiries in an effective and timely manner.
- Post secondary education in Accounting, Business Administration or related field is preferred
- 1-3 years full-cycle payroll experience is required
- Experience in a unionized, educational environment is an asset
- PCP Certification from the Canadian Payroll Association preferred
- Payroll experience with pension and benefit plans, government legislation (i.e. Employment Standards Act, Canada Revenue Agency) is a strong asset
- Excellent accounting skills required
- Strong customer service focus
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and other computer applications
- Specialized report writing, database manipulation and retrieval preferred
- Ability to interface and import/export data within and between various software platforms
- Knowledge of payroll related standards and regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles
- Must be able to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to prioritize and deal with competing timelines is necessary
All submissions are to include a complete cover letter, resume, qualifications, and the names of three (3) professional references at least one of which must be a current supervisor (one document if submitted electronically). All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector search”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance.
All submissions are subject to a screening process and some applicants may not be granted an interview.
Grand Erie District School Board recognizes Six Nations of the Grand River and Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, as the longstanding peoples of this territory. We honour, recognize, and respect these communities as well as all First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples who reside within Grand Erie District School Board. We are all stewards of these lands and waters where we now gather, learn and play, and commit to working together in the spirit of Reconciliation.
|Hours of Work
||7 hours per day/35 hours per week (Full-time, 12-months of the year)
|Rate of Pay
||$28.05/hour with a competitive benefits plan is available through a provincial benefits trust plan.
||As soon as can be mutually arranged.
Deadline: Wednesday December 7, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.