TEMPORARY INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TRAINING COORDINATOR (12-month position)
Training Coordinator (Temporary)
$30.77 -$40.70 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
DATE OF VACANCY:
As soon as possible
2021 May 14
The Training Coordinator partners with other Board staff and stakeholders to maintain, design, develop, deliver, facilitate and coordinate training, learning curriculum and training plans for Board employees in Information technology systems, programs and applications supported by the Board. The incumbent works with multiple learning media, maintain and update the departmental training repository, online knowledge base and FAQ sites, partners with departmental colleagues for staff participation in relevant professional training, seminars, conferences, symposia and other activities/events as required, partners with other board staff to build and /or maintain learning curriculum, as well as to manage and maintain online/virtual training platforms and in-house training facilities and equipment, continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and strengthen customer and vendor relationships by developing and promoting a collaborative working environment with staff and other stakeholders, solicits feedback and continuously improves approaches and techniques to Information Technology learning in the Board, develops and maintains a high level of current knowledge and skill in the use of corporate computer applications, education principles and effective training methods and technique: and provides support to the Supervisor, ITS Projects and Training as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts training needs assessment by consulting with stakeholders to identify information technology systems, programs and applications, skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Designs, develops and implements training plans for Board staff for Technology systems and applications using the appropriate training methods and approaches, that may include but not be limited to classroom, virtual, simulated, self-directed, coaching and online training materials
- Develops, coordinates yearly training plans, schedule and communicate the plans, facilitate training sessions and workshops, monitor employee participation statistics and prepare reports with analysis and recommendations
- Investigate sources for internal and external trainers and arranges for training delivery, working with both internal and external stakeholders
- Partners with internal stakeholders to design, develop and implement training plans for new/updated technology initiatives and projects, participates in departmental project meetings as required
- Partners with department supervisors to support departmental staff in maintaining skills needed to support Board information technology, systems and applications as well as enable compliance with industry best practices
- Partners with stakeholders in the design, development, facilitation and implementation of professional development plans for departmental employees in addition to developing and executing other training innovations to meet department objectives
- Partners with departmental colleagues for staff participation in relevant professional training, seminars, conferences, symposia and other activities/events as required
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and strengthen customer and vendor relationships by developing and promoting a collaborative working environment with staff and other stakeholders
- Partner with other board staff to build and/or maintain learning curriculum, as well as to manage and maintain online/virtual training platforms and in-house training facilities and equipment
- Other duties as required
Completion of a two (2) year post-secondary program in training and development or a computer related field or equivalent. Three (3) years of related work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer, Training Facilitator or similar role with hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events.
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
- Experience with e-learning platforms and/or learning management systems and other modern technology training methods and techniques as well as industry best practices and techniques for delivery learning
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- MS Office proficiency with strong communication skills
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
E. Usanovic, Acting Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.