DZ UTILITY DRIVER
Dowler-Karn Limited, a leading Southwestern Ontario propane and fuel distributor, has an immediate opening for a permanent, fulltime Utility Driver for its Windsor branch.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the successful candidate is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of product to our customers including delivery of propane cylinders as well as bulk propane. This position will not only support customer deliveries but will also assist with yard support functions including filling and the requalification of cylinders as well as use of the lift truck and other equipment.
Qualifications and Skills:
A self-directed and safety conscious attitude is a must, as is a willingness to participate in all training programs as directed by the company. This position requires work to be completed in a variety of weather conditions.
Hours of work will fluctuate with seasonal or branch demands as well as the specific driver function being performed. Overtime will be required at times and is processed after 44 hours worked.
- Must have a valid, clean and current Ontario DZ driver’s license with Air Brake endorsement.
- Minimum of 3-5 years driving experience is required, liquids experience an asset.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with customers, peers, administration and Branch Manager.
- Able to work alone and unsupervised, possessing ability to attend work regularly and on time.
- Physically fit. Able to lift, carry and push items weighing up to 65 lbs.
- Able to work variable hours, including overtime and perform call-outs as required (rotating on-call duties).
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma and basic math, reading, and legible writing skills for record-keeping and administrative reporting requirements, including daily driver reports.
- Lift truck experience an asset.
- General mechanical ability for truck inspections.
- Clean and neat in appearance with strong customer service skills and team player.
Dowler-Karn Limited places great importance in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings program. Driver pay starts at $24.25 per hour.
Interested applicants are directed to submit a resume and covering letter to HR@dowlerkarn.com. Please reference “Your Name – Windsor Driver”. Applicants are required to provide a current CVOR and driver’s abstract prior to consideration. The deadline for consideration is 9:00 am, Monday, March 1, 2021.
If you want to learn more about Dowler-Karn, please visit our website at www.dowlerkarn.com or connect with us:
As a successful family run business that has been in operation for over 75 years, Dowler-Karn operates based on its core values of service, integrity, and community responsibility.
Dowler-Karn is proud to be a living wage employer!
Dowler-Karn is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs throughout all parts of the hiring process.
Please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.