Millards Chartered Professional Accountants is currently recruiting a Tax Specialist to join our team and support our clients within the Norwich, Tillsonburg and Delhi, ON office locations.
We do ideally require candidates who are seeking the rural community lifestyle and are willing to relocate to a comfortable 20 minute maximum commute. We will place the successful candidate into the office location which best fits the candidate skills, suitable training & development environment, and the fit with the team members.
- Prepare the support for tax transactions reviewing client history.
- Preparation of correspondence to clients and lawyers for specialized tax transactions.
- Review the tax filings (including T1, T2, T3 and T5013 returns) prepared by staff to ensure all tax related matters are in order
- Offer tax planning services to clients.
- Research tax issues and prepare memoranda.
- Identify client service opportunities.
- Participate in special engagements.
- Enhancing existing and developing new community relationships and networks.
- Supporting and mentoring firm staff in respect of tax matters.
- Preparing and presenting technical sessions for staff.
Your Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum 3+ years plus of public accounting experience with a tax specialty
- Successful completion or in the process of completing the CICA In-depth tax course.
- Sound technical knowledge of Canadian tax related issues.
- Thrives in a client-focused environment
- Sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
If you have the required background and are looking to work hard with an independent, growing, firm that offers the opportunity for growth within a great workplace, please respond to this ad, in confidence.
We offer an attractive and competitive compensation program where we recognize the efforts of our team for their above and beyond the call of duty work ethics.
Please submit your resume in confidence to our hiring partner: firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies please.