We are currently looking for a full-time Accounting Clerk to join our finance team. This position offers an exciting opportunity to a candidate who is detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills. The Accounting Clerk will work closely with the Finance Director as well as the Production team to make sure financial records are accurate.
In this position these are the things you will be responsible for:
- Process accounts payable including coding, posting, PO matching, approvals, preparing payments and investigating discrepancies
- Process accounts receivable including invoicing, collections, cash applications and investigating discrepancies
- Process monthly payroll and T4s using Ceridian
- Process petty cash including disbursements, reconciliations and investigating discrepancies
- Maintain accurate records within customer and vendor database including filing and scanning of paper records
- Maintain customer and vendor relationships in a courteous and professional manner
- Assist with month, quarter and year end closes related to AR, AP, accruals and petty cash
- Assist with various special projects including annual financial audit
- Apply established financial policies and procedures
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- 2+ years related experience including AR, AP and collections
- College degree in a business-related field
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft, and Google Suite)
- Experience with financial planning software (Sage and Ceridian, preferred)
- Ability to plan, prioritize and communicate effectively
We know the above list is a lot. You don’t have to fill every single point. We each bring our own respective strengths to the table. Let us know which of the above is you and get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.