Title: Accounting Manager
Location: London, ON (Remote)
Reports to: Director of Accounting
The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing the month-end close process, ensuring that Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled timely and accurately, that transactions are properly recorded in the GL, and that vendors are paid timely.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, hands-on professional who is accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment. The lean nature of our organization requires this position to take direct hands-on responsibility for delivering work in a timely and accurate manner and in identifying areas to focus time and energy on for maximum impact, with limited day-to-day direction.
- Coordinate month-end close activities
- Oversee payment of vendors
- Ensure various Balance Sheet accounts are properly reconciled (e.g. cash, other assets, fixed assets, AP, accruals, interco balances, etc.)
- Maintain corporate accounting policies to ensure the Company remains in compliance with U.S. GAAP and other laws/regulations
- Coordinate and participate in year-end audit planning activities
- Work directly with auditors and tax service providers to ensure they have necessary data to complete their work
- Support financial statement audits to ensure timely completion
- Perform other duties or tasks as assigned by Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field (required)
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting
- 4 years of public accounting experience (preferred)
- CPA (preferred)
- Experience using ERP platforms (NetSuite, Oracle, SAP) and Excel (required)
- Proficiency with Coupa (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Ability to lead, effect change, and work independently
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills
This role will provide the opportunity to contribute to a strong team culture, interact directly with senior level management, be exposed to working with a private equity-owned, acquisitive company, and take on additional challenges.
The Team / The Business:
The accounting and finance team is composed of energetic, dedicated team members who see challenges as career growth opportunities and enjoy working for an industry leader in a fast-paced environment.
Our Hiring Manager says:
We are seeking someone who is systems-savvy, has strong accounting skills, can interact effectively and confidently with all levels of the organization, and can work independently. This is a remote role, working with team members located in Pacific and Eastern time zones.
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, data, analytics, and advisory services that helps clients drive growth and profitability. The company’s industry benchmarks and reputation for independence and integrity have established it as one of the world’s most well-known and trusted brands.
Truth that Transforms: At J.D. Power, we amplify the voice of the consumer, and help brands improve the value of their products and services. Our capabilities empower everyone in the global commerce ecosystem, enabling better purchase decisions – and better business results. We understand that the customer experience is vital and that simply measuring it is not enough. Our analysts focus on driving results that improve customer loyalty and advocacy. Our success is driven by how much we help companies improve the customer experience. But data is only as powerful as the analysis and insights tied to it—and we put that power in the hands of our clients through our interactive reporting platforms. The data, analytics, insights, best practices, and action plans clients need are available whenever and wherever they need them, to help them make data-driven decisions that will improve their customer experience and drive positive financial results.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.