This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jun 23, 2021
||College Diploma (3 years)
MIDDLESEX MUTUAL INSURANCE CO. IS HIRING!
Multi-line Underwriter (Residential, Farm, Auto)
Do any of the following points describe you?!
The Multiline Underwriter for Middlesex Mutual Insurance Co. reports directly to the Underwriting Manager. The incumbent will foster professional collaboration with our agents and brokers by applying their underwriting experience to our portfolio of residential, farm(agricultural) and auto business. The position ensures communication with Sales is fair and consistent while balancing the Agent/Broker needs against the company’s strategic goals.
Middlesex Mutual Insurance Co. offers many benefits and perks:
- A self-motivated professional with underwriting experience?
- A team player who thrives off working with many different people?
- Are you forward thinking and enjoy ‘thinking outside of the box’ for solutions?
Key Duties/Responsibilities and Professional Skills:
- Full time permanent position
- Remote working conditions
- An established environment that values the importance of fairness, integrity, and understanding.
- An education re-payment program that supports ongoing skills development.
- A competitive pension and benefit plan.
- A Company where your efforts make a difference!
- Assess and evaluate risks on new and existing business.
- Exercise sound judgment in risk selection.
- Apply technical knowledge and experience to underwriting, rating and documentation.
- Consistently demonstrate strong decision making and negotiation skills.
- Maintain awareness of market trends, pricing levels and legal requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective agent and broker relationships
- Ad hoc duties as assigned by direct manager.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Proficient computer skills including use of internet and willingness to learn new software program
- Substantial knowledge of insurance industry practices (e.g., underwriting practices, claims practices, etc.
- Relate professionally and positively to all levels of Company internal and external business contacts.
All employees of Middlesex Mutual Insurance Co. are responsible for:
- 3 - 5 years of multi-line underwriting experience.
- Possess or actively working towards a CIP designation.
- Consideration will be given to candidates who have post-secondary education with specialization in insurance and experience in agribusiness, farm industry related or farm-life experience.
Clients and staff are screened daily upon entry. Protective equipment is available to all customers, clients, and employees. There are regular cleaning and sanitation protocols in place, and we have adjusted workspaces to comply with social distancing guidance.
Mutual Insurance Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Middlesex Mutual Insurance Co. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jenna Durrer at email@example.com.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successfully applicants will be notified.
- Abiding by all Company policies and legislative/regulatory compliance requirements as it applies to their position and the Company in general.
- Continuing to stay abreast of industry changes/upgrades and keeps their manager informed where applicable.
- Attending insurance related program(s) related meetings, seminars, etc., as required
- Understanding/supporting the company mission, vision, principles and values, provides superior customer service, and consistently promotes the corporate image.