The Site IT Leader’s role is to ensure the efficient operation of information technology in alignment with the business objectives of the Plant. This individual will plan and direct the daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Site Leader will work closely with other Plant departments to implement and support cost-effective technology solutions. This person will insure compliance with IT policies, procedures, and best practices. They will insure efficient and reliable Plant IT services.
- Ensure proper functioning of the plant information systems, minimize system downtime and make proactive upgrades as necessary.
- Assist business operations in utilizing information systems to improve efficiency.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
- Responsible for defining high availability network and PC recovery procedures and testing of those procedures on a regular basis.
- Assists the IT Security & Disaster Recovery team to incorporate network and pc recovery procedures in overall disaster recovery plan
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors
- Maintains communications equipment (routers, switches, firewalls, remote access, etc.), and manages phone system implementation at the Plant
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the Plant IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes. Measure and report on SLA attainment. Inititate programs to achieve target SLAs
- On-call availability evenings and weekends as needed.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet local plant and CF Corporate internal controls requirements. These include, but are not limited to: computer and system access, asset management and change control. Ensures that policies/processes/procedures are followed as designed, particularly SOx, ITAM and Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
Position Reports To: Director, Manufacturing and Distribution Business Processes
Subordinate Positions: Network Administrator, Desktop Administrator
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a management position.
- Strong background in IT Services with an emphasis on service desk management in the manufacturing, chemicals or oil & gas industries.
- Familiarity with ITIL practices for IT service management.
- Some experience in project management environment is an asset.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly self motivated and directed. Keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency with these IT Management and Governance processes: