This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 13, 2021
JOB TITLE: Supervisor, Board Services/Freedom of Information Coordinator
LOCATION: Education Centre, London
SALARY RANGE$73,980 - $97,835 per year
HIRING RANGE: $73,980 - $94,423
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2021 October 22
POSITION SUMMARY: The Supervisor, Board Services/FOI Coordinator is responsible for performing the Corporate Services administrative duties of the Board and provides supervision to the Reception Center, Mail Services Department and to the Records Management Center. The incumbent serves as the Freedom of Information Coordinator and Privacy Officer and is responsible for the Board seal, as well as serves as the Board parliamentarian and the commissioner for taking affidavits.
|SUPERVISOR, CORPORATE SERVICES/FREEDOM OF INFORMATION COORDINATOR
- Serve as privacy consultant to all departments, manage the privacy breach protocol, respond to privacy complaints, conduct/oversee the completion of privacy impact assessments, and write reports and recommendations
- Process and respond to all Freedom of Information (FOI) requests under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Manage the administrative responsibilities of the department
- Manage and supervise Corporate Services-Administration, Mailroom, Reception and Records Centre service delivery departments
- Oversee and plan corporate events and lead initiatives
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of and proficiency at interpreting privacy laws, parliamentary procedure guidelines, access, release of information and related issues
- Posses group facilitation and presentation skills
- Proficient in computer systems such as Outlook 365, MS Office Suite, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
Conditions of Employment with Thames Valley District School Board, due to COVID-19 requirements
- Completion of three (3) years post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent
- Five (5) years of related work experience is required
- Completion of a one (1) year Management, Privacy, and Access Certificate is an asset
- Previous Board Governance training is an asset
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
E. Usanovic, Acting Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination attestation requirement for all staff as directed by the Ministry. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Mandatory requirement to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) based on your role within TVDSB. This may include wearing a medical mask, eye protection and any other protective equipment as directed. Individual accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety Protocols and Training as required and directed