Canaccede Financial Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries (collectively “Canaccede”) are Canadian industry leaders in specialized investment and financial services products. Through our acquisition entities and our managing and servicing entity, Canaccede International Management Ltd., we have been working with a broad cross-section of lenders and financial institutions in the acquisition and services of insolvent and distressed receivables since 2008, and we are the largest multi-asset acquirer in the Canadian market.
We operate with an analytically driven philosophy that is always responsive to our client’s individual needs and circumstances. Our business proposition is to maximize value from acquired receivables in a cost-effective manner and provide integrated consumer finance solutions.
The entire team at Canaccede is forward-looking and has an open growth-oriented corporate culture that offers motivated employees the opportunity to learn and grow with it. We have offices in Toronto and London, Ontario.
The successful candidate will initially work from home and there is potential for the position to be a permanent work from home opportunity. Our ideal candidate is located in Ontario, with ability to travel to either of our locations to work in office, if and when necessary.
The Legal Counsel, Compliance & Privacy Officer, under the direction of the Vice President, Legal will be primarily responsible for the effective development, implementation, and continuous improvement of Canaccede’s Legal and Compliance program. The Legal and Compliance program includes the overall management of Canaccede’s Legal functions and requirements and providing advice on legal and planning matters to the organization. The Legal Counsel, Compliance & Privacy Officer will work collaboratively across the business to ensure a consistent and integrated approach is applied to risk governance. A key member of the Management Team, you will drive a culture of ownership and accountability across the organization, as it relates to all relevant Legal and Compliance matters.
Compliance and Privacy
- Provide a full spectrum of in-house legal services to Canaccede.
- Interpret legislation, regulations, guidelines and best practices relevant to the receivables management industry.
- Draft and review corporate legal agreements, including various servicing and purchasing contracts.
- Provide management with advice and guidance concerning laws impacting the organization's functional areas, as well as corporate legal compliance.
- Assist with corporate financings.
- Oversee the development, revision, and compliance of the organization's policies and procedures with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitor and keep informed of all new developments in corporate and employment legal matters, including new laws and regulations and any applicable caselaw.
- Manage the Compliance sign off process across all departments.
- Correspond with a variety of organizational groups to address potential compliance matters.
- Review and update organizational policies and procedures, coordinating with organizational groups to obtain feedback on enhancements.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Operation Teams in reviewing all customer facing communications.
- Act as the primary contact for escalated customer and client compliance concerns.
- Review and respond to complaints or inquiries to Compliance Officer or Privacy Officer, corresponding with the Privacy Commissioner when required.
- Maintain Customer Complaint log, ensuring customer concerns are promptly and appropriately addressed.
- Lead monthly and quarterly compliance reporting to senior executives.
- Drive a culture of risk ownership & accountability across the organization.
- Lead the continued enhancement of Canaccede’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts within the business to establish methodology and processes for risk mitigation, audit controls and service enhancement.
- Ensure risk management best practices are applied implemented across the organization, including usage of appropriate risk tools, key metrics, and triggers in all aspects of monitoring, analysis, and reporting.
- Consistently identify, measure, and manage risk exposure and losses within the risk appetite.
- Oversee Canaccede’s Incident Management Process including reviewing incidents, updating processes, and producing reporting on remediation actions.
- Act as the company ambassador and primary contact for external parties, such as government agencies, for matters related to Risk Management.
- Ensure all corporate licenses and registrations are properly maintained across Canada.
- Ensure all employees hold current licenses relevant for their role, such as applicable Provincial collector licenses.
- Manage all aspects of corporate insurance policies, including renewals and potential claims.
- Coordinate with external counsel for annual returns and extra provincial registrations.
- LL.B. or J.D. in good standing with LSO.
- A minimum of 2 years of direct, recent experience in regulatory compliance or governance, risk, and controls preferably in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of and experience with relevant legislation and regulation.
- Understanding of financial services industry including receivables management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to apply them practically.
- Ability to take ownership and lead projects with a proactive approach; and able to independently drive initiatives to conclusions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with proven relationship building skills and ability to work with various levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage internal relationships by collaborating within the department and across business units.
- Ability to effectively manage internal and external expectations in a dynamic, fast paced, and demanding environment.
- Bilingual French/English is an asset.
What’s great about working for Canaccede Financial Group?
Competitive total compensation structure, which includes competitive base salary, annual bonus program, deferred profit-sharing plan, group RRSP, 3 weeks’ paid vacation, paid sick days, company paid health, dental, vision, paramedical, life and travel insurance benefits, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program.
While working from home we are sure to provide our employees with the systems necessary for long term success, which includes your performance and communication tools. We have also modified our onboarding process to help integrate you into the company even before your first day, and we will help connect you with all our current employees. Our Social Committee hosts virtual monthly activities, and we continue to find unique and fun ways to celebrate our successes while remote.
When it is safe for all employees to return to our offices you will get to enjoy our open concept work environment, which is ideal for collaboration and team building. Enjoy your lunch with your colleagues in our expansive lunchroom filled with windows, booths, and social tables. Our Social Committee coordinates fun events on a regular basis – both inside and outside of the office. These include holiday lunches, pub nights, contests, and a weekly lottery, just to name a few. We happily spend time celebrating our employees’ personal and work-related accomplishments with awards, company-wide recognition, and of course, cake.
We care about giving back to the community. Each employee is provided with 1 paid day per year to volunteer at any registered charity of their choice. We also provide monthly donations to charities that are meaningful to our staff. To date, we have donated over $30,000 to local and national charities combined, all of which were selected by our employees.
Sound like a perfect fit for you? We think so too.
Canaccede Financial Group Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made via email to email@example.com. Additional accessibility information and contact information can be found on the company website at www.canaccede.com/accessibility-statement/
- Physical demands typical to an office environment/administrative role.
- Movement from one spot to another is expected, as is standard within any office setting.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Standing for at least one hour is anticipated.
- Limited Light physical effort (bending, reaching, carrying light items, walking, standing), defined as more than 5 hours/week.
- Constant manual dexterity (eye/hand movements requiring precision, accuracy and/or fine motor control), defined as more than 30 hours/week.
- Constant Visual effort (concentrated reading of documentation or close monitoring of computer terminals and display patters), defined as more than 30 hours/week.
- Ability to work extended hours to meet tight deadlines.
- Regular simultaneous multiple demands which must be attended to ‘on the spot’.
- Regular accelerated work pace based on a fluctuating volume of customer contacts.
- Constant attention to detail, subject to frequent interruptions that require immediate attention.
- Travel, as may be required.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter to Alma Gutierrez, Human Resources and Office Administrator, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their submission and will be in contact with candidates deemed to meet the above qualifications.
For more information about Canaccede Financial Group Ltd., please visit our company website at www.canaccede.com