This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 27, 2021
TEMPORARY SYSTEMS INTEGRATION SPECIALIST
JOB TITLE: Temporary Systems Integration Specialist (one year)
SALARY RANGE: $37.17 - $49.15 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
HIRING RANGE: $37.17 - $47.44 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2021 August 6
The Systems Integration Specialist collaborates with staff to develop, test, document, implement, upgrade, install, maintain, and support web-enabled, database and corporate applications. The incumbent is responsible for the analysis, design, support, and maintenance of corporate software applications and assists with the identification, evaluation, recommendation, and installation of software for corporate applications, web enabled applications, workflow software and office suites.
- Communicate and meet with IT Project manager or clients to discuss projects for advanced technical support with system issues, or to provide technical training
- Complete end-to-end Software Development of applications, technical support, and problem resolution
- Conduct analysis of requirements, functionality, and interoperability of new and existing software systems, and translate functional specifications into technical designs for implementation and deployment
- Research technologies, trends, issues, standards, methodologies, and opportunities to improve functional capabilities, configuration scalability, application security, and data recovery specifications
- Develop, perform, and coordinate the function to define, design, and write general specifications for computer applications to streamline business processes and resolve issues
- Define and implement database design, data definitions, data access, and integrity rules to ensure efficient and effective integration of new and modified applications in the production environment
- Analyze, evaluate, document and present, in cooperation with user representatives, the requirements for new and modified information processing procedures
- Provide training, guidance and technical support to clients, application administrators and operations staff in the operation of production applications and as new versions are introduced, installed, and upgraded
- Liaise with clients, projects, and operations staff to assess and resolve application problems
- Develop and maintain a high level of current knowledge and expertise related to information management developments and the Board’s corporate application software
- Control the creation and maintenance of permanent tables, views, synonyms, and indexes of student information systems database
- Analyze and evaluate testing results taking appropriate corrective actions
- Coordinate installation of new applications
- Develop programming languages, methodologies, techniques, and conversions
- Investigate the impact of new versions on production environment
- Assist with the identification, evaluation, recommendation, and installation of packaged software for corporate applications, web enabled applications, workflow software and office suites
- Support identified administrative functions and provide for integration with existing procedures and new applications
- Modify local procedures and programs to function with new versions
- Administer, manage, and maintain application security accesses and controls
- Conduct analysis of requirements, the functionality of new software systems and complete coding and database development to meet these requirements
- Work with clients to translate functional specifications into technical designed for implementation and deployment
- Build extensible integration solutions (software development) to meet business requirements
- Conduct analysis of requirements, functionality, and interoperability of new and existing software systems
- Partake in educational opportunities and read professional publications
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and enhance the in-house web-enabled purchasing system
- Conduct software maintenance as required and maintain up to date versioning and datasets
- Schedule the development of a project, roll outs, batch jobs and production
- Attend meetings on behalf of the Supervisor, as required
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
E. Usanovic, Acting Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, electronic communication, presentation, application support, web security and project management skills
- Software development skills, Visual Studio, VB, C#, and COBOL
- Understanding of SQL Server Reporting Services, Server Integration Services and Enterprise manager
- Knowledge of web Applications Student Information System (Trillium), HR/Payroll system and finance system (K212), Data modeling and retention procedures
- Knowledge of Data flow, workflow and flowchart diagraming
- Ability to build algorithms
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Proficient in computer systems such as Outlook 365, MS Office Suite, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Completion of four (4) years post-secondary Degree in a computer related field or equivalent
- Three (3) years of related work experience is required