This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Nov 30, 2022
BOARD SERVICES/FREEDOM OF INFORMATION COORDINATOR
JOB TITLE: Board Services/Freedom of Information Coordinator
LOCATION: Education Centre, London
SALARY RANGE: $56,568 - $74,809
HIRING RANGE: $56,568 - $72,199
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2022 December 09
The Coordinator is responsible for the management of Freedom Of Information (FOI) requests as well as Thames Valley District School Board (TVDSB) policies and procedures. The Coordinator will report to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario (IPC) as required and act as a subject matter expert for all staff.
- Work within the parameters outlined in the Education Act, the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) and Roberts Rules (RONR)
- Take the lead position in the management of Board policies and procedures, and FOI requests
- Track and follow up any impending or outstanding requests pertaining to deadlines for both policies and procedures, and FOI requests. Work with stakeholders to obtain outstanding documents or required information
- Receive, assess and complete FOI requests in a timely manner
- Support Board Ad Hoc committees and/or Task Forces, created in addition to current statutory and standing Board committees
- Provide support to all staff with Board Services related needs e.g. creating reports for meetings, drafting motions
- Provide interpretation and insight on board policies/procedures
- Prepare meeting agendas and record minutes for Board committees
- Create training resources to support all roles/functions within Board Services
- Support Chairs for meetings, participate in committees and deliver workshops and presentations
- Respond to FOI inquiries, requests and appeals
- Track FOI requests and the status of policies and procedures, prepare reporting as required
- Provide support to the Supervisor, Board Services
- Provide coverage for the Supervisor, Board Services
- Monitor, follow up, present, schedule and track public input
- Implement training, professional development, succession planning through updated resources and scheduled sessions
- Completes TVDSB policies, procedures and independent procedures from creation and revision through to the approval process. Manage the review timeframe of current documents and create new documents, as required
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of parliamentary procedure guidelines and release of information
- Demonstrate the ability to manage caseloads with multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Highly organized and diligent in managing operational and transitory records according to records management principles
- Possess group facilitation and presentation skills
- Proficient in computer systems such as Outlook 365, MS Office Suite, Teams etc.
- Editing documents and minutes for accuracy and grammar
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience dealing with confidential and/or sensitive information
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Successful completion of a two (2) year diploma in Business Administration or equivalent
- One (1) year of related work experience is required
- Two (2) years of leadership experience an asset
- Completion of a one (1) year Management, Privacy, and Access Certificate is an asset
- Previous Board Governance training or experience is preferred
- Experience in interpreting and applying legislation, policies and directives is preferred